Acid Rain

Any word on when this is going to be implemented into the game? The lore says that it’s a thing but from what I can tell it was removed at some point early on in development for one reason or another. What’s the word on that?

Not quite early. It was removed when regional weather system had been implemented.

Nobody is willing to add it back.

[quote=“Barhandar, post:2, topic:10173”]Not quite early. It was removed when regional weather system had been implemented.

Nobody is willing to add it back.[/quote]
Not quite on point. It was removed until a regional weather system had been implemented, not because.

What’s the reason it’s not going to be added back? The lore does say it’s a thing, so one would think…

Plans are to reimplement it once we can set localized microclimates.

As an example acid rain would only happen in the proximity of acidic fumaroles.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:5, topic:10173”]Plans are to reimplement it once we can set localized microclimates.

As an example acid rain would only happen in the proximity of acidic fumaroles.[/quote]
This right here.

And lots of the current lore written down in the more prominent places is really old at this point. I’m currently getting close to finishing up a compilation of the current set of lore (which actually ends up looking like a half lore-half design doc, and is a lot bigger than most of what’s currently written down), including things that we have changed and whatnot for one reason or another. Once it’s finished I’ll post it up on our secret developer forum where people can argue about it, and then when we’ve nailed down any points of dissension it’ll probably end up replacing the sticky over in the library forum.

Ah. My memory was fuzzy on this.

Also, wasn’t that two years ago? Was it completely expunged from code or can a config option/mod be added to re-enable it because regional weather clearly isn’t coming anytime soon?

Acid rain was horrible in 0.A and should never return without major changes.