About mutations

[quote=“Rookie, post:20, topic:1038”][quote=“Nopkar, post:18, topic:1038”]still on .4 as of now, but I’m 100% sure Robust Genetics needs to be either buffed or re-worded. 4 mutagens with only robust genetics, no other traits:

Shouter
Ugly->Deformed
Tentacle arms
smelly
fleet footed
wing stubs

…I just…what??? Im alright with the fleet footed, wing stubs and hell, even the deformed is okay. the Tentacle arms was interesting and I could have run with it (he he, puns :P) and the smelly is a good challenge trait. but really, shouter? only 1 good trait out of 7 total? yikes. This is only the most recent in game test and the most notable. it usually breaks down into a 50-50 grouping with robust genetics for me

I dunno if this is the norm but it seems to be for my characters[/quote]

Keep in mind that some “bad” mutations evolve to good ones (and few good to bad ones). Your wing stubs for example have a chance to become insect wings, which make you faster. Tentacle arms eventually turn to 4 tentacles on each side, altogether 8 (many meele attacks!)[/quote]
Ever tried those tentacle attacks? They’re melee slaps using half your ST. Good luck against anything bigger than a Brute. Wings are generally a Good Thing, as is a Tail, but I’d purify the arms in a hurry.

Robust genetics has already undergone a major buff, as mentioned earlier in the thread. In .4 Robust Genetics makes it approximately 61% chance to get a bad mutation and 39% to get a good one (as compared to 66% bad and 33% good). In the latest dev versions Robust Genetics makes you have a 66% chance of good and 33% chance of bad. In fact my latest strategies usually consist of picking up the Robust Genetics trait, finding a toxic waste dump, and camping in it until I have a ton of good mutations and very few bad ones (I do aim my starting traits a little bit towards the mutation category I want as well though).