Ability to draw off gasoline from vehicles

That being said, with a plastic pipe and container.
In a long term apocalypse almost all cars would have been drawn off, because fuel is vital.

What’s more: perhaps we can craft our own makeshift fuel by mixing alcohol and oil.

It’s already in. As of the current dev build (or I believe the latest nightly builds as well) you can siphon gasoline from a car with a rubber hose.

you can siphon gasoline from a car with a rubber hose.
Thanks, guys:)

A quick one:
If you remove a half-full fuel tank from a vehicle, where does the gasoline go?
Just a simple query needed. :slight_smile:

[quote=“vultures, post:4, topic:1373”]A quick one:
If you remove a half-full fuel tank from a vehicle, where does the gasoline go?
Just a simple query needed. :)[/quote]

It shifts along it’s 5th dimensional axis into a sub-prime plane.

Idea: Make metal tanks as large container items that count as filled with as much fluid as it has when installed. Make it so that they’re filled with gasoline that is left from vehicle when you remove it.

Yes lets start WELDING a FULL tank of GASOLINE! Great idea!

(Although that’s only if you want to install it. Removing it would probably still be scary though)

It’s that the gasoline eventually welds YOU! :smiley:

I just checked with someone who knows her explosives, and… nope, NOT gonna let you guys install full gasoline tanks. Welder + gasoline fumes = boom.

^^
It was more like - bring the query for slurp-up at the rem(o)ve line for those tanks.

Me & my jerrycan FTW. :slight_smile:

I don’t see why this is a reason not to let them try.

Though that logic should be applied to a lot of things…

You fill your tin can up with gasoline.
Your tin can of gasoline has spilled in your backpack. Your backpack is now soaked in gasoline!
You light a cigarette.
You explode.

Although… you wouldn’t necessarily know your tin can has spilled at first…

Your back feels wet. You smell gasoline.
You light a cigarette.
You explode.

You can’t weld a none. You can weld a gasoline. :slight_smile:

• you get a free Smoker Zombie screensaver for Android.

[quote=“vache, post:12, topic:1373”]Though that logic should be applied to a lot of things…

Your tin can of gasoline has spilled in your backpack. Your backpack is now soaked in gasoline!
You light a cigarette.
You explode.

You light a cigarette.
You explode.[/quote]
To be fair, you wouldn’t EXPLODE. Die in a fiery inferno, probably.

[quote=“Morrigi, post:14, topic:1373”][quote=“vache, post:12, topic:1373”]Though that logic should be applied to a lot of things…

You light a cigarette.
You explode.

You light a cigarette.
You explode.[/quote]
To be fair, you wouldn’t EXPLODE. Die in a fiery inferno, probably.[/quote]
Considering my average inventory… I’m betting there would be more explosion than inferno, but the dozens of molotovs would make a nice inferno too. Also, nuclear fireworks comes to mind.

It isn’t a big enough explosion unless you can see it from orbit.

There it is… you can f**k up the Earth, but you can’t mess up one’s ability to weld a none. :smiley:

I don’t see why this is a reason not to let them try.[/quote]

I definitely want to see this added. I imagine it would look something like my face the first time my character lit a ‘small, simple’ fire in his house.

‘you begin welding the gas tank to th-’

game over

new character-> returns to last survivors location to find a large scorch mark and a twisted wreck of metal.

I say do it.

Can I please safely repair the gas tank without purging it first, at least? Last night’s motorcycle-retrieval op was involved enough getting them out of town and to a safe® location, without having to futz around with hoses & extra storage.