"a terrifyingly real dream"

so when i’m sleeping i’ve started noticing these dreams, and and one of them is called “a terrifyingly real dream has you killing game with your bare teeth”.

what’s up with that? will i eventually turn into a wild beast and become uncontrollable?

No, this is normal and means you are in the path of the Beast mutation category. The actual dream doesn’t do anything…

This particular dream that you are telling occurs when you have 3 more Beast mutations than any other mutation category. Sorry if that’s not clear enough :wink:

so if i’m on the beast mutation path does that mean i can’t get full night vision or any of the mutations from the other paths?

It means you have a high chance of gaining further mutations from the beast mutation path if you mutate randomly, but it’s not guaranteed. If you want to switch to another path, make targeted mutagen for the path you want.

Beast is a pretty popular path; I’ve broken out Ursine from it but there’s plenty of crossover.

What mutations do you have? You may be closer to other categories than you think.

i have:

deft
fangs
fleet-footed
high nightvision
lightly furred
mammal pheromones
padded feet

and i did choose the robust genetics trait among others.

Sorry for the delay, was working and didn’t notice. (IRC is a great way to get hold of me when I’m on.)

OK, the padded feet and pheromones are probably what pushed you into Beast. You’re looking pretty close to Spider with the fur, fangs, fleet-footed, and High NV. (Spider can get FNV and IR. Light Sensitive, too, so watch out.)

One good shot or a few drinks of Spider ought to help you out.

And you retain control of your char until you say otherwise. No fear. :slight_smile:

great! i guess it’s time to start searching for science textbooks so i can make my own mutagen!

Oh man, you don’t want to even get started with that. Totally not worth it, especially when you have such good traits already.

well i at least want Full Night Vision so that i can ditch my flashlight.

Chugging a original flavored mutagen could get you you FNV with out weaking the best beast category your already in too much.

That’s what you expect to get next time you mutate, but then you get something like forgetful or something else very crappy.

Oh stop being a BABY about it! CHUG UP ALL ZE MUTAGENS! I just sat there making mutagen for an entire day and got like all the good mutations ( that can’t conflict of course ) Even more. I tried it before and got so many bad one. BUT I had 20+ purifier and just some cleansed my body. Now I 1 shot anything with or without a weapon! So worth the risk !

I have two kegs full of mutagen…

I can sense the noobyness in this one.

I have two kegs full of mutagen…[/quote]
I have two empty kegs, now I’m also a bear…

I feel like mutagen roulette is my next step with my character, there isn’t a lot left for him considering I managed to install 30+ bionics, be interesting to see how mutagen would affect him. More than a little weary of doing so knowing I don’t have robust genetics.

The point of mutagen if you want to have the best character possible is to collect craploads of it, along with craploads of purifier, drink a mutagen, check your traits, and if you got any bad ones, go back a step, rinse, repeat.

Basically, keep mutating until you mutate only for the better, purifying if you don’t and continuing if you do. I’m pretty sure that’s the most effective way to use them (of course it requires, as I said, tons of both mutagen and purifier).

[quote=“Nighthawk, post:18, topic:4451”]The point of mutagen if you want to have the best character possible is to collect craploads of it, along with craploads of purifier, drink a mutagen, check your traits, and if you got any bad ones, go back a step, rinse, repeat.

Basically, keep mutating until you mutate only for the better, purifying if you don’t and continuing if you do. I’m pretty sure that’s the most effective way to use them (of course it requires, as I said, tons of both mutagen and purifier).[/quote]or you could savescum the best mutations…

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:19, topic:4451”][quote=“Nighthawk, post:18, topic:4451”]The point of mutagen if you want to have the best character possible is to collect craploads of it, along with craploads of purifier, drink a mutagen, check your traits, and if you got any bad ones, go back a step, rinse, repeat.

Basically, keep mutating until you mutate only for the better, purifying if you don’t and continuing if you do. I’m pretty sure that’s the most effective way to use them (of course it requires, as I said, tons of both mutagen and purifier).[/quote]or you could savescum the best mutations…[/quote]

Or you could sacrifice some of it to make a few doses of Alpha, get a good chance at Robust Genetics & statups, and proceed from there.