A quick quality of life NPC fix

I have a simple quality of life suggestion that would do loads to add to the value of NPCs spawned in by the debug menu for me:

Make a debug option to get rid of the NPC’s ‘destination’, so they stay in place while on the surface. I love to spawn NPCs in field camps and places like that I find, with the idea that the NPC has set up there and may claim it as their territory or give me a quest.

NPCs that give me quests only to charge directly into a zombie hoard are uninteresting. As it is, I can pretty much only spawn NPCs in basements if I don’t want to risk them wandering off right away.

Would this be hard to implement? Would anyone else find this valuable?

I would love the idea of being a certain probability of neutral( quest giving) static NPC’s living in those cabins you discover on the map.

That would also solve this problem and add new features into the game.

2 Likes

I feel like this is fair. Most NPC quest givers you don’t recruit have a strange habit of just running off to die.

I feel like this is fair. Most NPC quest givers you don’t recruit have a strange habit of just running off to die.

We already seem to have static NPCs. Maybe we just need an option to change how frequently they appear?

Maybe just a debug option to spawn a static NPC?

1 Like