A Cure Mod - Turn those pesky Zed's into helpful NPC's (Maybe?)

To be fair, that route is insanity. Zeds already cover a lot of uncomfortable situations (I worked with disabled people, and Zeds are often rather misappropriated in like or form, which would give real life people unfair treatment for being “strange”).

So just be careful how you treat it, for your own sanity. :stuck_out_tongue:

The game world has replacement organs to some extent with CMBs, though it would be very expensive and/or need to be found and not crafted post cataclysm. The possibility of organ transplant (and cloning) seems there too in the game lore (vats exist in labs).

So fully curing someone who has not been injured/infected past recovery seems possible if treated quickly enough. But for a full on Zed? Seems their organs and brain are goo already.

Could start simple. Give an NPC “find antiserum/cure” mission. And then make some sort of cure to find in a lab. From there, the NPC could need many other types of treatments.

Cloning was a failure.

Summary

1 Like

That’s a LOT of vats for 100% failure. But what about standard cloning (as we have now). Using that to grow organs (for this mod anyhow) seems reasonable.
That and/or scaffold organ building (where you use artificial or recovered organ scaffold to build new ones).

The only things you’ll ever find in those vats is mutated limbs and deformed fetuses and the in game lore says they failed to get results, I’d say that means it was a failure. As for the rest it’s not really my place to comment, I’m just pointing out that blob based cloning failed.