A couple 0.3 pre bugs that

I always forget to report.

• NPC in start shelter occassionally appears both in original position (at floor level) and ALSO in the basement, roughly in the same x,y pos
  • <shit, I forgot the other one, but there’s another one>

And this is from 0.2, from long ago. Not sure if it’s been fixed:

• Zombie scientists and manhacks were waiting for me down my LMOE shelter after previously running away from them in a lab several kms away. Somehow they teleported to my nearest underground position, which was MY HOME. You can imagine the shock (and wet pants) when I saw something moving in the darkness of my safe haven… and then attacking me.

On the other hand, I’d love this to happen randomly as a game mechanic, giving a plausible explanation (" has infiltrated your shelter when you were away!").

I don’t think this is the bug I wanted to report but forgot (again), but here it is anyway:

• Wild creatures commit suicide when chasing you.

At first I thought it was some kind of new feature in 0.3 (pre), where while chasing you wolves would fight each other for food (“The wolf attacks wolf for X damage”). But, first, it made no sense, why do they fight while chasing you at the same time as a pack? And, second, it has happened in several occasions when only one wolf was present, to the point that all I had to do was run to the shelter, bolt the door and wait for the ding! (the wolf killing itself).

[quote=“kenoxite, post:1, topic:536”]I always forget to report.

• NPC in start shelter occassionally appears both in original position (at floor level) and ALSO in the basement, roughly in the same x,y pos
  • <shit, I forgot the other one, but there’s another one>

And this is from 0.2, from long ago. Not sure if it’s been fixed:

• Zombie scientists and manhacks were waiting for me down my LMOE shelter after previously running away from them in a lab several kms away. Somehow they teleported to my nearest underground position, which was MY HOME. You can imagine the shock (and wet pants) when I saw something moving in the darkness of my safe haven… and then attacking me.

On the other hand, I’d love this to happen randomly as a game mechanic, giving a plausible explanation (" has infiltrated your shelter when you were away!").[/quote]
Please, not a game mechanic. I had to chase a rabbit out of my Lab…and it killed itself on my door-replacing moat, even though there was a perfectly good plank on the other pit. Having zeds poking around would be a PitA.

Besides, what’s the point of building secure fortifications if hostiles can just automagically teleport in?

Yep, let me add that if this suggestion was ever considered it should be something that would happen very, very infrequently (to the point to just happening once in the lifespan of a survivor, if ever).

But the situation I described was so nerve wrecking and intense that I thought it could be something to be used as a feature. It’s definitely the situation that has impacted me the most. Being welcomed by 2 zombie scientists and 3 manhacks just when I was most relaxed -was finally at home and safe-, well, it was both shocking and intense.

Anyway, that suggestion was only an afterthought. I can see the many reasons why only a few -if anybody- would like that feature, but I thought it was worth mentioning it.

I’ve finally remembered the damn bug that I kept forgetting to report:

• Parts are magically repaired when you rem(o)ve them and (i)nstall them again. They always go up one damage level (red to pinkish, pinkish to yellow, etc). This way you can repair the whole vehicle by using this glitch, while also getting some nice mechanics skill in the process. I doubt this was intentional.

[quote=“kenoxite, post:4, topic:536”]Yep, let me add that if this suggestion was ever considered it should be something that would happen very, very infrequently (to the point to just happening once in the lifespan of a survivor, if ever).

But the situation I described was so nerve wrecking and intense that I thought it could be something to be used as a feature. It’s definitely the situation that has impacted me the most. Being welcomed by 2 zombie scientists and 3 manhacks just when I was most relaxed -was finally at home and safe-, well, it was both shocking and intense.

Anyway, that suggestion was only an afterthought. I can see the many reasons why only a few -if anybody- would like that feature, but I thought it was worth mentioning it.[/quote]
Duly noted. The whole thing about 1:1,000,000 chances happening nine times in ten comes to mind, though. And the Invaded Safe Place, though a classic horror trope, can easily be overdone.