[.71 Experimental] Crafting Recipe woes

Long story short, some recipes wouldn’t show up. For the life of me, I couldn’t find stone shovel or axe, and I created a test character with 6+ points in fabrication mechanics construction survival anything. Do I have to find the recipe? Disassemble something?

Does anyone else have problems with this? I google-fu’d for an hour-ish but no dice.

It’s a potential problem with the new crafting system we just merged in. We’re working to fix it.

Cool I’m glad I just didn’t miss something

Hello!
I had the same problem, and discovered that some recipes in “recipes.json” call for some proficiency in the skill “construction”. However, according to “skills.json”, said skill is known in the code as “carpentry”. As such, I think the game wants you to have leveled up a skill that doesn’t really exist, before letting you craft an axe or a shovel.

Changing every instance of “construction” in “recipes.json” to “carpentry” is should solve it, unless there’s some other, more serious problem at work that I’ve not run into yet.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Also, the shelter kit repair recipe calls for “tailoring”, when it should be “tailor”.

The time for crafting hot pants is 380 minuets.
[size=4pt]Dont ask me why I was crafting hot pants.[/size]

Also, the weight of heavy fletched field point arrows are freaking 149.9 lbs.

I got upset when I saw that the waterskin recipe now calls for tailoring. Made it survival in my copy.

[quote=“Clueless, post:4, topic:2685”]Hello!
I had the same problem, and discovered that some recipes in “recipes.json” call for some proficiency in the skill “construction”. However, according to “skills.json”, said skill is known in the code as “carpentry”. As such, I think the game wants you to have leveled up a skill that doesn’t really exist, before letting you craft an axe or a shovel.

Changing every instance of “construction” in “recipes.json” to “carpentry” is should solve it, unless there’s some other, more serious problem at work that I’ve not run into yet.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Also, the shelter kit repair recipe calls for “tailoring”, when it should be “tailor”.[/quote]

That sounds like it’s it, thank you incredibly-poorly-named-one.

Short term, fix the names, medium term cross-check the json entities.