6+ months of agonizing "realism" nerfs have ruined this game

[quote=“Valpo, post:117, topic:12504”]I want it back :frowning:

The added colour made sorting zombie loot much easier.

The removal sucks. It makes my gameplay slower.[/quote]

You can filter clothing out from the V menu.

Your gameplay sucks.

Also, just add it to the modlist.

Its a mod now? Is someone planning to work on it ?

No, it was just moved away to mods since the alternative was tanking it or total removal.

Well, that was that. I was fine with dirty clothing as a concept but I’m opting out until it adds something to the experience.

I would’ve been fine with it, if it had any contribution to game balance that other game mechanics don’t already add. See the common-sense point already mentioned by me as well as others, random item condition makes a morale penalty a pointless triviality.

That’s a very good idea.

That’s a very good idea.[/quote]

Actually, that’s a great subset of a great idea - many such things should be workable, as long as you can power them. Some kind of “connect this generator I made (probably from a frame, an engine, an alternator, and a gas tank) to this structure” functionality would allow something like this, along with working refrigerators, ovens, lights, elevators, and other modern conveniences… until you run out of gas, of course.

Garages in particular could be a nice thing, but disabling certain other structures unless you can power them (mine elevators, sewage plant elevators/computers, and gas station pumps(!) for some obvious examples) would make a LOT of sense.

going to have to agree realism is killing this game.

i remember when it first was made before this new team took over.

it had so much potential

tripods
resonance cascade
things from lovecrafts mythos
cyborgs.
mutants.
and yes zombies…
it was basically the si-fi apocalypse of si-fi apocalypse.

now it seems to be digressing into another basic zombie game :frowning:

Your gameplay sucks.

Also, just add it to the modlist.[/quote]
rude

also im getting sick of the “then make it a mod” you should know that not everyone a programmer…

[quote=“hazerddex, post:129, topic:12504”]rude

also im getting sick of the “then make it a mod” you should know that not everyone a programmer…[/quote]

I’m not saying “make it a mod”, I’m saying “add an existing mod”.

I match the rudeness level of the discussion. When I get a “what you did sucks” I reply with “no u”.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:130, topic:12504”][/quote]

I match the rudeness level of the discussion. When I get a “what you did sucks” I reply with “no u”.
[/quote]
Pfft, what have you done for the game so far? I’ll have you know I had made the placeholder image for the Wiki a very long time ago, and it was live for about 10 minutes before somebody had made a better one.

[quote=“hazerddex, post:129, topic:12504”]going to have to agree realism is killing this game.

it had so much potential

tripods
resonance cascade
cyborgs.
mutants.
and yes zombies…

now it seems to be digressing into another basic zombie game :([/quote]

Let’s see, other than tripods (there are bipods though) and “resonance cascades” (which sound awesome, what are those?)
Cataclysm still has:
-Things from the Lovecraft mythos
-cybogs
-mutants
-zombies
And to me it’s twenty times more than what Whales had left off on, as good as that might have been, the game still IS a Sci-fi Apocalypse.
Other than clothing, which everyone seems to hate, how is it digressing into another basic zombie game? With all the mods available in World Gen, which includes disabling certain features, you surely can make it as basic of a zombie game as you’d like, sure, but even then it sets itself apart from other “zombie” games.

Oh come on man. Just look at Coolthulhu · GitHub. I hold in high esteem the dedication Coolthulhu puts in game. Most of the time I see he has very good reasoning skills, and put’s it to use on most discussions on github.

We really don’t need to to flame each other unnecessarily.

I think he was joking.

Woah, Calamaribro is polski?

This explains why they always joke about bisecting tanks anytime sabers are mentioned. o3o

Who, me? If so, yeah.

I did technically once two-hit-kill a tank drone with an active incorruptible sword though, so Coolthulhu’s running gag about tank bisection isn’t that far off the mark in game terms. :V

Doesn’t count, has to be a saber.

I match the rudeness level of the discussion. When I get a “what you did sucks” I reply with “no u”.[/quote]
Pfft, what have you done for the game so far? I’ll have you know I had made the placeholder image for the Wiki a very long time ago, and it was live for about 10 minutes before somebody had made a better one.

[quote=“hazerddex, post:129, topic:12504”]going to have to agree realism is killing this game.

it had so much potential

tripods
resonance cascade
cyborgs.
mutants.
and yes zombies…

now it seems to be digressing into another basic zombie game :([/quote]

Let’s see, other than tripods (there are bipods though) and “resonance cascades” (which sound awesome, what are those?)
Cataclysm still has:
-Things from the Lovecraft mythos
-cybogs
-mutants
-zombies
And to me it’s twenty times more than what Whales had left off on, as good as that might have been, the game still IS a Sci-fi Apocalypse.
Other than clothing, which everyone seems to hate, how is it digressing into another basic zombie game? With all the mods available in World Gen, which includes disabling certain features, you surely can make it as basic of a zombie game as you’d like, sure, but even then it sets itself apart from other “zombie” games.
[/quote]

ok name 1 update they adde onto a new enemy group besides zombie

why did the quote break?

Doesn’t count, has to be a saber.[/quote]

We don’t have a proper saber though. If we did, you can bet I’d be happily running down zombie infantry, only to get ambushed by tanks. :V