5d24962-SDL: 2 Inventory related bugs

So it looks like this is still ongoing?

I think so, unfortunately–Kevin got a fix up for flame/cookoff-related crashing but that’s not food. That said, it’s not precisely helpful to bump about it. We know.

A heads-up: I’ve been getting something like this with non-tinned nonperishables as well as perishables. Things like my stockpiles of granola, dehydrated meat, dehydrated fruit, and sugar–specifically, things I crafted, that were not in containers like cardboard boxes or plastic bags–went missing when I put them in a locker that was really, really overfilled. I’ve taken to placing them on their own counter where I hope they’re safe. (I’m glad I noticed this with 21 days of summer to go.)

Ugh. Thanks.

Coincidentally, that’s the 64th item in the tile. Interesting.

And by ‘coincidentally’, I, of course, meant ‘suspiciously’. It turns out the method being used to re-add active items back onto the map after they’ve been processed has an optional parameter that is called “maxitems”, and defaults to… 64. Whenever more than 64 items are in a tile, when an active item is processed (food counts, but also active lightstrips, etc.), the items get deleted instead of being put back.

Fix has been posted and should be merged whenever.

[quote=“Narc, post:26, topic:8411”]And by ‘coincidentally’, I, of course, meant ‘suspiciously’. It turns out the method being used to re-add active items back onto the map after they’ve been processed has an optional parameter that is called “maxitems”, and defaults to… 64. Whenever more than 64 items are in a tile, when an active item is processed (food counts, but also active lightstrips, etc.), the items get deleted instead of being put back.

Fix has been posted and should be merged whenever.[/quote]

I’m test-compiling now. Update: merged. Give build 2580 a shot, if you please.

Wow, thanks for fixing this so fast, and while I still have plenty of summer left to boot. :slight_smile: Downloading now. I may not be able to give that much feedback because I’m obsessively reorganizing my home inventory in a panic, but I’ll pipe back up if anything does go wrong. (Also, yay, farming update and a huge chemistry update too.)

Foolish question: are/were crafted nonperishable foods like sugar, dehydrated meat and fruit, granola, and so forth “active” somehow? Because I had the same problem with them going missing, in addition to a whole boatload of canned goods and fresh fruit.

(bah and of course as soon as I’m done setting options in 2580, 2581 hits, but oh well)

[quote=“KA101, post:27, topic:8411”][quote=“Narc, post:26, topic:8411”]And by ‘coincidentally’, I, of course, meant ‘suspiciously’. It turns out the method being used to re-add active items back onto the map after they’ve been processed has an optional parameter that is called “maxitems”, and defaults to… 64. Whenever more than 64 items are in a tile, when an active item is processed (food counts, but also active lightstrips, etc.), the items get deleted instead of being put back.

Fix has been posted and should be merged whenever.[/quote]

I’m test-compiling now. Update: merged. Give build 2580 a shot, if you please.[/quote]
Well imported a save and tested 2580. The problem with fruit/veg and canned goods seems to be fixed. Well done and thanks for such a quick fix.

I wasn’t trying to bump it. I was trying to find out if it was still a problem for anyone else, to be srure, since at first I thought it was just my save that was screwed.

Sounds like it was a pain in the butt, but at least it’s fixed now from the sounds of things. :slight_smile: