3D visualizer

So do I.

I did a little bit of experimenting. The gist of it is that to integrate this with SDL2, basically everything needs to be rewritten to use openGL for rendering.

Well poop.

We can wait!

No we can’t!
We demand you drop everything else in your life and finish this right now!

Just kidding, of course. I do hope you’re able to get this working, I remember watching the video you posted of this ages ago and thinking how awesome it looked. I would love to see something like this actually built into main, it would add so much to the game.

is this project definetly dead? =(
it was awesome

Z-levels “soon” (not sure how soon - doesn’t really depend on me). When (if?) they happen, the project may have its renaissance. It would be actually useful and not just “nifty” when that happens.

can’t wait to see 3d tiles start to become a thing for cata.

Would there be a way to put some kind of especial tileset to this?

I bet its not far away… How do you change your view angle though? All the key bindings are taken already…

You can never take ALL the keybindings. (I think.)

XD i dread the day when we will have so many keybindings we will have to switch out was is bound to what key every turn so we can do the next task :stuck_out_tongue: Guess that’ll just turn into more menus though

1st: Is this still in development? Has CIB moved on? Did he pass it on to someone else or has there always been multiple people working on it?
2nd: Can anyone explain how to use this? I’m not very well versed in programming but really want to play from this 3d perspective. I went to the link but it sent me to a github page and I was confused as of what to do then. Is this even open to the public? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
PS: Does this work with tilesets? I couldn’t tell if that feature was implemented or not.

Have you tried a tileset on it yet? Please! Upload an image of it too! I’m curious!

hmm. this project must be continued. Also was playing something else the other day when it hit me. Cata should allow another master key for keybinding. such as ctrl, we have shift now we must make use of ctrl as well and half-again the number of possible keybindings we already have.

I’m the odd one out, but I use a custom keyboard layout that applies to anything that accepts text, so I’ve got an english keyboard with alt+u makes ü and alt+shift+u makes Ü. ₤¢ʌ⎫୧•ʘɈɟΔᴰëËßƩ and all sorts of crazy shit. My CDDA would probably implode if we used more key modifiers besides shift LOL.

Could potentially be useful all the same!

Kind of a shame if this is dropped. It was really neat :confused:

.< it better not be dropped. shouldn’t be too difficult to do, its just tiles with more sides… and slighly overlapping stuff going on… and you know… complex stuffity stuff doing things. Common guys get your shhhhhiitake mushrooms together and make this come true.