[2a99218] Sugar-from-soda recipe issues

Experimental version 2566, Windows Console, running on Windows Vista. Admittedly this was tested using a save brought in from a previous version; my apologies if this actually works properly in games that were started in more recent versions.

One of the sugar recipes lists 6 dark colas, 6 grape drinks, or 6 root beers as acceptable ingredients for making sugar. I tested and was able to perform the recipe with other ingredient options, but it didn’t recognize my sodas. I had six of each, but they were still displayed in grey in the crafting menu entry and didn’t show up as options when I actually performed the recipe, though things like cheap wine and molasses did. For reference, this is the sugar recipe that uses a chemistry set as one of the tools and lye powder as one of the required ingredients.

Also in error (I assume): dark colas, grape drinks, and root beers display a price entry of $0.0. They didn’t charge my cash card when obtaining them back in 2532.

Possible container issue; thanks for reporting.

You’re welcome, and thank you, for everything.

For the record: I also happened to try emptying six dark colas into plastic bottles. This didn’t fix the issue.

Also, they all showed up as “plastic bottle of dark cola” rather than “plastic bottle of dark cola (1)” or “plastic bottle of dark cola (2).” Six cans ended up filling six bottles. (Granted, I did this back in like 2532 or such.)

[quote=“AllisonW, post:3, topic:8458”]You’re welcome, and thank you, for everything.

For the record: I also happened to try emptying six dark colas into plastic bottles. This didn’t fix the issue.

Also, they all showed up as “plastic bottle of dark cola” rather than “plastic bottle of dark cola (1)” or “plastic bottle of dark cola (2).” Six cans ended up filling six bottles. (Granted, I did this back in like 2532 or such.)[/quote]

Yeah, we’ve been overhauling item-handling and already fixed some major bugs with it. Gonna ask you to update and see if that helps, as I think we’ve had that symptom before and may have fixed it. (Or not, or perhaps unfixed it at some point.)

I’m already up to 2566. Or do you mean that 2567 might have fixed it?

_<

Guess we didn’t fix it, then. Gagh.

I’m no coder, but given that the items involved also have abnormal price values of $0.0, maybe it’s something in the item entries themselves. Maybe. I’m probably wrong.

That would probably do it. Not sure what would have caused that as we/I audited 'em back in the pre-stable and I’m pretty sure I’d have caught giving sodas away for free.

Update: cannot replicate free-soda in latest dev build. All the drinks you mentioned are priced at less than one dollar, but that’s not 0. Question: was this in a trading interface? If so, your comparative bartering skills may have made the stuff worthless to whoever was on the higher end.

No, it was from a vending machine. Maybe the individual items I have on hand are bugged and new sodas would have a price value and work in the recipe.

Update: in the most recent experimental, at least some of these drinks are displaying nonzero price values. I haven’t collected enough to attempt the sugar recipe yet, but when I have, I’ll update again.

Final update: the issue can be closed. Whatever was once wrong, you folks must have fixed it, and it was just the items I brought in from a previous version that retained the bugs. In a new world, new sodas are working properly, including for the sugar recipe.

Now I can free up a bunch of cans to make batteries without wasting perfectly good soda I never planned on drinking anyway because I hate getting colds! Sorry to waste your time with this bullshit, KA101, and thank you again.

If it’s a real problem, it’s not a waste of time. It turned out to be fixed, well, that’s good too. No worries.