0.Danny is 0.Done

Congratulations to all contributors on the release! This beast has been a long time coming. You all should be proud. (Though I feel the lack of waffles leaves it woefully incomplete :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

Amazing. I just came back to the game this week after a busy year+ away, and finished my first deathmobile in 0.C. Minutes ago, you could have found me looking up robot controls in the wiki (before stepping on the gas the first time) and spotting 0.D referenced in turrets below that.

I can’t wait, but my first agonized thought is: is it backward compatible?

Edit: wow… this is massive. I hadn’t seen that this is coming, and I am profoundly impressed by this community!

1 Like

Characters from recent 0.C experimentals definitely are, if that’s what you’re asking. I just used the CDDA Game Launcher app to install 0.D (latest experimental) and everything is running smooth as far as I can tell.

i got some tanking performance in 0-D here… maybe because of my world i used from 0-C or my PC…

it hangs when i encounter a bandit, 21 second hangs.

1 Like

I think O.D isn’t supposed to have z-levels enabled, something I remember Kevin mentioning earlier…

1 Like

welp… fixed by deleting my old world from 0-C experimental (was a good map)

make new world and all becomes running smoothly…

1 Like

Sweet. I’ve been waiting for this release to give DDA another go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing work, everyone.

1 Like

2 days in, I really love it.

I especially want to thank whoever put the hours in reworking lab generation. What an amazing improvement! If anyone knows who, let me know so I can write them a little note? :slight_smile:

1 Like

'Twas @Brian_Lefler.

1 Like

Can’t wait to play the latest release, as always CDDA continues to be the greatest game out there!

2 Likes

omg, i’ve lost my latest save (my zomboharvester and everything, yikes) because of the quiet upgrade my arch did on me (yes, there’s no such thing, it was just me not reading all the update info), but you know what? i don’t care, because 0.D is soooo coool! thank you, i’m even more in love with cataclysm: dda than before (after like 5 years playing it).

2 Likes

I put a bulletin board at the evac center and told my companion to guard the area, but I don’t see an option in their dialogue to set up camp, and the bulletin board tells me to set up as “camp”, but the instructions from the NPC just mention tents-- which is odd since I have the evac center. Not sure what to do.

1 Like

You can’t set up a camp in an evac center yet.

I hadn’t played in quite some time. I didn’t like the frozen food at first but now I’m more comfortable with cooking and I can appreciate things staying fresh for longer. However, I have noticed some things going rotten quickly. Perhaps it’s just me (or maybe that I put a brazier on the opposite side of the wall to my food storage - can heat travel through stone walls? It’s still early spring and snowing outside where the brazier is (food is inside with no heating) and I only cook for an hour or 2 at a time).

Some things become mushy when they thaw out. If a mushy thing gets frozen and then thawed again it rots, which might be the cause of your issue.

There was a problem with things rotting very quickly while crafting but I think it’s been fixed in the latest experimentals because I haven’t had any issues.