[0.C 3001] no more eyebot?

i don’t know if it’s a bug, so i write this with caution.

in a need of eyebot, i tried to trigger some alarm (car, smashing pawn shop windows…), i wait approximately 100 turn whitout any eyebot spawn.
Am i wrong?

I don’t think alarms cause eyebots to spawn. I think they just get generated with the rest of the critters when the map is created. Then again, I’m not looking at the code.

No, eyebots should spawn as an indirect result of alarms (those that trigger EVENT_WANTED, which brings in the eyebots). Haven’t had a chance to look into it; thanks for reporting, though.

It should be working, it is in the code.

You get wanted_event (this spawn the eyebot) if you fail to hack a gunsafe, a gas pump or when you pry an alarmed door or smash/shoot an alarmed car.

Also you must be not underground, not playing classic zombie mode, not inside a building (possibly it is matters only if the building is very large?) and there is 2% chance to spawn eyebot per turn (about once in every 5 minutes).

It actually works. I tried to smash gun store’s door yesterday and eyebot appeared.

I saw an eyebot after busting a few vending machines, but this was a few experimentals ago.

Also, is there ANY way to remove the wanted flag once you trip an alarm? Do the eyebots eventually “Give up” if you continue to evade them, or are you doomed to fight eyebots and copbots for an eternity once you trip an alarm?

Also you must be not underground, not playing classic zombie mode, not inside a building (possibly it is matters only if the building is very large?) and there is 2% chance to spawn eyebot per turn (about once in every 5 minutes).

all my attempt are ok with these requirement.
I tried to mount an alarm system on my mobile-base too and trigger it a few time. after 2 full day, i’m deseperatly alone…
How can we see if we are on a “wanted_event” ingame? Any information in “@” menu or else?

thanks for previous answer :slight_smile:

No, eyebots should spawn as an indirect result of alarms (those that trigger EVENT_WANTED, which brings in the eyebots). Haven’t had a chance to look into it; thanks for reporting, though.[/quote]

My bad. Sorry : (

[quote=“MarcoVGnG, post:7, topic:9424”]

all my attempt are ok with these requirement.
I tried to mount an alarm system on my mobile-base too and trigger it a few time. after 2 full day, i’m deseperatly alone…
How can we see if we are on a “wanted_event” ingame? Any information in “@” menu or else?

thanks for previous answer :)[/quote]

Smash the window of a pawn shop.l

i tried it too, that’s why i think there is something wrong elsewhere :confused:

You can turn on the debug menu.
In the \data\raw\keybindings.json file change this row:

{ "type":"keybinding", "name": "Debug Menu", "category":"DEFAULTMODE", "id":"debug" },

to this:

{ "type":"keybinding", "name": "Debug Menu", "category":"DEFAULTMODE", "id":"debug", "bindings":[ { "input_method":"keyboard", "key":"`" } ] },

and you can bring up the debug menu with the ` key.

You can select the “Check game state…” option where you can see the planned events. Most of the time this is 0, but after you set off an alarm, it must be increased by 1.

When the eyebot spawn, the planned events will decrease by 1, also the “monsters exists” will be increase by 1.

But also you can just spawn an eyebot with the debug menu.

ok , i’ll try this.

thanks a lot :slight_smile:

ok, i tried ;

i broke a glass of a pawnshop, alarm trigger, all seems ok…
but with the game state checking: “0 events planned”…

I play the cataclysmdda-0.C-3006 version and it works fine. Is there any mod enabled in your game?

yep ,some mod, but i don’t think that they work with event .json (dinomod / blazemod /necromancy / boat / z-lvl ).

My saved game is really old, maybe overwrite my DDA folder at each update has broken it finally…
Time to say good bye to my fucking mobile base and start a fresh game :confused: