0.9 Release Candidate

Why does everyone think that finding good stuff everywhere is a bug?

Is Cata getting too easy for you?

From what I’ve seen of the community here, they will not rest until the act of playing the game is actually physically painful.

Several RLs players do have some aspects of a masochist in them…

And I like that.

Were still waiting for the developers to integrate pain sensors to the game.

what is the console version? Been working alot of hours. I work as a DBA. So have not been up to sitting in front of a computer when I get home…

Well. Houses have a 1 in 2 chance to spawn a basement, and basements have a 1 in 5 chance to spawn a gun cache, a 1 in 5 chance to spawn a junk basement with a 10% chance to have gun supplies, and a 1 in 5 chance to spawn a survivalist basement with a 72% chance to spawn guns. There is a relatively miniscule chance to spawn a gun in a home without a basement (approximately 1 in 30 if I recall correctly). So, you have an approximately 1 in 6 chance to spawn a gun in any home, with over half of that being a chance to spawn a huge cache of weapons. I would definitely say basements need a major tweaking now that they are so much more common.

I find that I rather frequently timewarp several squares out of my vehicle for no reason at all while driving. It’s to the point that I just quicksave every few minutes while driving, because I know I’m going to have to force quit because of a glitch.

It happens when you cross an overmap border. It’s our last major outstanding bug to fix.

[quote=“GlyphGryph, post:1, topic:3870”]Windows Version: Download

Linux Versions:
Download Standard Version
Download Console Version

This is the Official Release Candidate for 0.9. Assuming no one uncovers any major deal breaking bugs, this will become the official 0.9 release.

So go out and find them, folks - break the heck out of this thing, and enjoy!

Note: This does NOT come packaged with the final versions of the translation files or tilesets.[/quote]

cataclysmdda-0.9.zip is the Windows Curses build #588, just saw it was done. Please update the OP and/or delete this post. Thx.

In the most recent experimental, the game crashes whenever I try to use the construction menu. Tested it multiple times with both the tiles and non-tiles version, and with window cleaning and pit digging. Every time, pressing * brought up the menu and pressing the relevant letter crashed the game.

That’s the experimental that dropped today. In the one just before that, I have noticed a much stranger glitch, also to do with construction.

Making a deep pit always causes it to be named “spiked pit.” If the pit has no spikes, it does no damage and is only slow to move through, but it still displays and reads as a spiked pit and brings up the “are you sure you want to step into that spiked pit” prompt.

Even weirder: making an actual spiked pit causes it to be labeled “spiked pit,” but what is created is not a spiked pit. It is a normal pit with lava at the bottom, complete with “are you sure you want to step into that lava” and “the lava badly burned you” prompts. No idea what’s going on here.

I found out the mac build links at the official home are gone.
Hope it doesn’t mean you discontinue the mac support.

Thanks for your hard working.

I’m getting this too. The windows experimental, specifically.

I also encountered a really strange glitch on an earlier experimental (0.8-2655-g944f932, apparently); I was driving along a road and I abruptly got teleported out of the vehicle, which was still moving. Every tile I moved resulted in a debug message-I don’t remember what it was and I can’t duplicate it, but they ceased when the vehicle stopped–, and once I entered the tile containing the controls, I got another: “DEBUG: map: :board_vehicle: passenger (character name) is already there”. I can still interact with the controls, but hitting ^ on the tile acts as if I’m on an adjacent one, and as a result I can’t drive the car anymore.

My kill count shows two different entries for coyote.

o - small blob x71
d - coyote x4
d - coyote x1
S - dark wyrm x1
d - dog x2

EDIT: This was with the .9 candidate.

I’m getting this too. The windows experimental, specifically.

I also encountered a really strange glitch on an earlier experimental (0.8-2655-g944f932, apparently); I was driving along a road and I abruptly got teleported out of the vehicle, which was still moving. Every tile I moved resulted in a debug message-I don’t remember what it was and I can’t duplicate it, but they ceased when the vehicle stopped–, and once I entered the tile containing the controls, I got another: “DEBUG: map: :board_vehicle: passenger (character name) is already there”. I can still interact with the controls, but hitting ^ on the tile acts as if I’m on an adjacent one, and as a result I can’t drive the car anymore.[/quote]

Known issue. Devs are hard at work on this one–I know because I was an hour or two testing a potential fix. Didn’t work as well as hoped. :-/ We think we’ve found the culprit, at least.

[quote=“deadmerits, post:53, topic:3870”]My kill count shows two different entries for coyote.

o - small blob x71
d - coyote x4
d - coyote x1
S - dark wyrm x1
d - dog x2[/quote]

I think it is the new different types of the same animals doing this.

[quote=“deadmerits, post:53, topic:3870”]My kill count shows two different entries for coyote.

o - small blob x71
d - coyote x4
d - coyote x1
S - dark wyrm x1
d - dog x2[/quote]

Yes there are two different species now for most animals. So far I’ve encountered a Red Fox and a Grey Boomer unless the Boomers got recolored.

Lol yeah, boomers are recolored.

Can people limit bug reports in this thread to the 0.9 RC candidate, NOT the experimental version?

[size=8pt]My computer crashed hard late last night and so I have finally decided to call it quits with Windows and reinstalled Ubuntu. The console version of v0.9RC works fine for me. The SDL build, however, does not. It gives me this error:

anonymous@anonymous-Aspire-X3400G:~/Downloads/Cataclysm-DDA$ ./cataclysm-tiles
./cataclysm-tiles: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_image-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory[/size]

Just had a crash as I was trying to siphon gas from my vehicle’s tank directly into my jackhammer. It’s replicable, happens every time I try. (That’ll teach me not to turn on autosave.)

Edit: also crashes when trying to move gasoline from a refillable lighter into the jackhammer. Doesn’t crash when I try to refill it from a gallon jug, thank goodness. Those CBMs won’t liberate themselves.