[0.8-491-g64fb0be] You Painstakingly pack the wreckage into a portable config

So I built a folding bike and went to deploy it, when I did so I deployed it too close to my MFB (Basically a giant RV) and it collided with it creating a “wreckage” having not saved recently I was about to quit when I decided to try and fold the bike back up.

It folded the bike along with the wreckage back up, deploying it does not deploy the wreckage however, just a broken bike.

So you’re saying it packed up the entire RV?

The whole damn thing. Items inside were lost, and when I attempted to re-deploy it the MFB was gone.

Yea, we just caught that one a few days ago, a function the bike folding code used changed its behavior and ended up merging the vehicles. When you fold a bike it nukes the bike and makes an item to replace it, then unfolding nukes the item and makes a bike. The only thing it stores is the condition of the components.

Fixed in experimental now, sorry it ate your RV :frowning:

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:4, topic:3252”]Yea, we just caught that one a few days ago, a function the bike folding code used changed its behavior and ended up merging the vehicles. When you fold a bike it nukes the bike and makes an item to replace it, then unfolding nukes the item and makes a bike. The only thing it stores is the condition of the components.

Fixed in experimental now, sorry it ate your RV :([/quote]

Eh, I’m not too torn up about it, I’ve got a horrible tendency to save-scum anyway so it kinda works out XD …Forgot to save recently this time but that’s my own fault XD Plus it was funny, always a plus.

Glad you had a save! This bug sounds hilarious, though. I can’t imagine your shock when your whole MFB disappeared along with your stash. lol

A portable, pocket-sized house. How convenient. :smiley:

Sometimes I wish it was a fantasy game, could use the same mechanic to implement the “portable fortress” item from DnD, would that not be totally badass?

Why wish when you can make?

It would probably take a while though.

Don’t tempt me, I have plans and stuff.
Maybe after DDA 1.0 I’ll take a break.

I actually suggested something like this a whilst ago, at https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/2029. Never went anywhere, but who knows, maybe someday :slight_smile: