Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

Well, ideally you’d have a situation like being able to find tins of “cocoa” in the world, which could be combined into a bunch of other stuff, like:

cocoa + milk/(milk powder + water) + sugar = hot chocolate
cocoa + milk powder + sugar = hot chocolate powder
cocoa + sugar + lard/tallow = chocolate
cocoa + lard/tallow = baker’s chocolate
chocolate + cookie/honey/candy/berries/granola/rice/caramel = chocolate bar
(baker’s chocolate +sugar)/chocolate + broth + onion + seasoning salt + lard + vinegar = mole sauce

…and so on. But there would be dozens of recipes, and frankly there’s already too many food recipes in the game. Which is why I suggested simplifying it.

Two suggestions:

[FROZEN] status to go with [COLD] and [HOT]. I’ve always thought it odd that in ice labs it can get cold enough to freeze carbon dioxide, but drinks are not only still liquid, they aren’t even cold. Frozen stuff should be rock-hard and very unpleasant to chew. Frozen corpses also shouldn’t be butcherable.

Heat packs should be usable on body parts to bring them up to comfortable.

We already have the Type P ammunition, why not add the Type 64 smg?

I knew about that, but I don’t really know how much that is common.[/quote]
It’s extremely common where I live (which, albeit, is on the western side of the US not the NE). Though a lot of the cocoa powders do allow you to use milk, as mentioned before, if you’re okay with extra rich hot chocolate, it just tends to be something that gets reserved more for cases where you’re giving everyone at the table right now a cup of hot chocolate as opposed to cases where you’re just like “lets put some water on the stove and then I can use it for hot chocolate/tea/whatever”.

Silk as a fabric type: ultra-lightweight and strong. Spider webs yield a bundle of webbing, which can be carded and spun into silk. You can also have silk parachutes as possible scavenge from soldiers and military outposts/bunkers. Silk can be unravelled just like rags to produce threads too. Silk inserts in clothing makes it fancy (or fancier) and water resistant. Various types of fancy new clothing would also become available: silk blouses, silk slippers, silk gowns, silk scarves, et al.

Allow honey to be applied as antiseptic. Also, honey + rag = bandage.

Very rare spray cans of hydrophobic coating which can be used to make clothing waterproof.

Fresnel lens which can act as a forge + hotplate in direct sunlight (and set fires like a magnifying glass). (Speaking of which, why can’t a forge be used to cook food?)

Its like that in New England aswell. The mixes probally contain some powdered non-dairy creamer to allow that.

Speaking of, non-dairy creamer would be a nice thing to see in the game.

Mmmm coffee with cream and sugar.

I wish there was a way to quietly shut doors. to often I have zombies in my yard in the morning just because i shut both doors on the outside of my base…

Actually just a stealth mode in general would be awesome.

ability to build and put items on fungal bed. It pisses me off that i have to dig a shallow pit, fill it back, and only then can i set up a brazier. Setting a tent on fungal bed is impossible, since the fungi will spread faster than i can dig - and i don’t want to just burn it down… at least, when i am playing as one of them.

I suggest a recipe that allows you to craft chainmail armor from scratch. Reading up a bit, it doesn’t seem that creating such an armor was actually a complicated task. It was just very, very labour intensive, which could be modelled by only allowing the individual parts (coif, hauberk, etc.) to be crafted, each with a very high crafting time.

An other “nice to have” for me would be:

A ‘lock’ for one side of the advanced inventory management to a pulled vehicle. The vehicle is available / shown with . While I move through houses the position of the vehicles changes often. Here I would like to always lock to the vehicle.

More shirts that have some storage capacity. Either that or make the work shirts show up in places that arent zombie technicians.

Also, a work truck variant of the pickup, possibly with some of the event map bits representing some linemen(now dead) now working on it.

Oh, another thing, reducing the number of inaccessible basements(about half have no stairs down to them) would be nice.

That would depend out of what materials do you make the chainmai.

The ability to lock doors/windows so I can control which entrances my npc’s use for my base and cars.

That would depend out of what materials do you make the chainmai.[/quote]

That’s basically the same way to make chainmail that I found online, and it doesn’t really look that hard, especially not compared to other stuff a survivor can already make. The recipe would probably take lots of wire and some scrap metals for the ‘bolts’. As tools, one would require a heavy stick (to roll the wire on), a hacksaw (for cutting the wire) and a soldering iron/welder (for linking the rings together). And of course, each individual item should take lots of time, to simulate the fact that creating mail is very, very labour intensive.

Otherwise, I have a hard time seeing the reason why mail even exists, given that I have never even found a single piece of mail in the game.

“real chain mail”… not really. Real maille is riveted. If you can squeeze the links together with pliers then a knife or sword can easily separate those same links with a swing or thrust. The problem with the chain mail seen today is that the wire is easily bent into shape during creation. If its easily bent it will easily be destroyed. Real maille is a heavier gauge than what is usually used now and was often hand wrought instead of cheap mass produced like it is now, the steel was a much better quaility.

An example of historical maille.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_NdBxcj-OI

This guy shows you how to rivet it, Though he is still taking some short cuts, using a thinner gauge and tools like his torch that the survivor wouldn’t be able to replicate.

The other stuff is like comparing a decorative sword to the real stuff. It will work for a few hits but then it just starts falling apart. Don’t get me wrong I would like to make real maille my self but its not as easy as bending some wire you harvested off a fence.

900 hours for a shirt. I think looting would be faster.

We need vehicle AC, it would be nice to come in out of the heat into my deathmobile and chillax. Or pop one into my home base crafting wall. That way we can combat overheating with out stripping to basic armor.

I think we should pass on the AC, and just add a massive morale boost to when you’ve completely stripped out of everything.

I support AC and heating in vehicles, along with a “Nudist” trait that gives a morale buff when nude and a debuff when theres more than, say, 50% of the body is covered.

It already exists, it’s just on by default and costs nothing.