Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

Certainly not until auto-boxing.

To curb powder dumping, the best way would be to make it act like pseudo-liquid, requiring a container, but not requiring said container to be watertight and allowing being picked up (into a container, not into hand).

It would be cool if there was a ‘bloodthirsty’ trait. Similar to the morale debuff you get for killing zombie children, but instead it works on (almost) all enemies, and the morale buff you get is a positive one.

I think it makes a lot of sense in the context of this game.

[quote=“Fluffy Genocide Cuddles, post:3062, topic:5570”]It would be cool if there was a ‘bloodthirsty’ trait. Similar to the morale debuff you get for killing zombie children, but instead it works on (almost) all enemies, and the morale buff you get is a positive one.

I think it makes a lot of sense in the context of this game.[/quote]
Not a bad idea.
Only it should be non-selectable at gamestart and maybe developed after many kills, if mutations allow.

That wouldn’t make any sense. If anything, killing same zeds over and over would get boring fast, while the thrill of finally being able to kill human-shaped things would make the first moments of apocalypse pretty amazing to those who wanted to be edgy.

That wouldn’t make any sense. If anything, killing same zeds over and over would get boring fast, while the thrill of finally being able to kill human-shaped things would make the first moments of apocalypse pretty amazing to those who wanted to be edgy.[/quote]

The rationale is that the player cannot ‘select’ it, but it may ‘happen’ upon the player if circumstances allow.
I hope nobody would grind zeds just to get a trait not guaranteed to be gotten.

This is all based on the supposition that nobody could be getting a ‘bloodthirsty’ morale bonus for killing zeds from day one.
Almost nobody would even know what zeds are in day one. It’d have to be developed with experiencing the apocalypse and killing.

[quote=“jcd, post:3065, topic:5570”]The rationale is that the player cannot ‘select’ it, but it may ‘happen’ upon the player if circumstances allow.
I hope nobody would grind zeds just to get a trait not guaranteed to be gotten.[/quote]

Traits include things that “happened” to the survivors. Being a psycho, having weak stomach, lactose allergy - you don’t pick those IRL, those just happen.
Bloodthirstiness is a trait that you could actually cultivate IRL, like in-game cannibal, skilled liar, parkour expert or pacifist could be and unlike food intolerances, bad back, fast metabolism etc.

A wannabe-murderer who just got into a world of legal murder would love the experience, at least until he figured out that those are just dumb biological machines and not humans anymore.
A hardened survivor who spent years hacking husks would be bored to tears with them and would just want to get the job done and get back to reading/cooking/eating/shooting up drugs.

Traits may be just that, but they exist as a subcategory of mutations.
I just had it in mind as a trait to be gained in the course of the cataclysm.
But this is not very important.

Anyway, a wannabe murderer is already modeled by the psycho trait.
So we are talking specifically about someone who loves to kill zeds, right?
I think that no selectable trait (=no char background) can claim to be able to model someone who likes to kill zeds, since no-one has had that experience yet, to know if he likes it or not.

That said, i can understand your point of view, even if i disagree with the ‘all hardened survivors would be bored to death with killing zeds’ part. By this logic, psychos would get bored after killing enough people.

It would be nice if upon exceeding certain strength plateaus the character was granted the ‘send enemies flying’ quality to their melee attacks a la brutes and hulks. Maybe at 20+ and 40+ respectively.

with the newest additions of vitamins… marloss berries should be made to supply all your fungal vitamin needs since you can only eat them and nothing else.

I think you mean mycus fruits, but I agree.

If one increase his level there should be a small moral boost I think. Not much, perhaps 10-20.
Something like “Yeah, I get it. Now electronic scheme make sense to me.” - Followed by a satisfied nod.

Food suggestions:

marloss berry + meat + fat = marloss pemmican
marloss berry + sugar + water + jar = marloss jam
marloss jam + bread = marloss sandwich
marloss jam + peanut butter + bread = pb&m sandwich
chocolate bar/chocolate candy + dehydrator = hot chocolate powder
hot chocolate powder + water = hot chocolate
cornmeal + salt+ water = tortilla
tortilla + meat + beans = meat burrito
tortilla + meat + beans + cheese/cheese sauce = meat & bean burrito
tortilla + beans = vegetarian burrito
tortilla + beans + cheese/cheese sauce = vegetarian cheese burrito
tortilla + meat + beans + cheese/cheese sauce + tomato + onion + seasoning salt = burrito supreme
meat + oatmeal = salisbury steak (triple portions, for stretching meat)
canned tomato/tomato + cucumber + onion + cooking oil + vinegar = gazpacho soup (no cooking necessary for canned tomato version)

Akutaq.

[quote=“BorkBorkGoesTheCode, post:3073, topic:5570”]Akutaq.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akutaq[/quote]

That sounds absolutely horrid, but like something a survivor would whip up just to survive. I like it.

It looks more like just perishable pemmican - boring, but less so than jerky all day every day.

Just what the heck is wrong with you?

And just for the mods: this is a joke. I can understand that the recipe should take water for various reasons, availability being one of them, but I have never heard people using anything other than milk for making hot chocolate.

And just for the mods: this is a joke. I can understand that the recipe should take water for various reasons, availability being one of them, but I have never heard people using anything other than milk for making hot chocolate.[/quote]

Lactose intolerant would appreciate that.

And just for the mods: this is a joke. I can understand that the recipe should take water for various reasons, availability being one of them, but I have never heard people using anything other than milk for making hot chocolate.[/quote]

Lactose intolerant would appreciate that.[/quote]

That is… a good point, actually.

Must not be an American. Pretty much all the cocoa mixes here use water, with the option on a few to use milk.

I knew about that, but I don’t really know how much that is common.