Working street sweepers Pick up your items!

I mean like being able to pick up and move crates.

I thought you can drag them.

Not with a vehicle though. How else can I make forklifts move crates? ;_;

dunno, but if you can make it so I can load my shopping cart on my semi-mobile homing, I will worship you for atleast a moth. Well, a week. Perhaps a day. Probably only 5 min.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:19, topic:10272”]Really cool idea, some flavor things that might be easy to add:
Slight chance of damaging items when they’re picked up, these things aren’t exactly gentle.
Accumulate dirt, sand and broken glass in the cargo space.[/quote]
Aw man. A contributor likes my work :D. I can add that functionality.

Edit: And so it has been added.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:17, topic:10272”]Though if the maximum allowed volume of picked-up items can be tied to as vehicle part property (bonus maybe)…

Now all we need is being able to move furniture.[/quote]
I’m thinking about adding a “drill” that cuts through terrain, you know, so that you can tunnel beneath the earth at unreasonable speeds for unreasonable reasons. Which now that you mention it, is unrelated to your idea.

Also good catch on the bonus property, I noticed it in the horn code but hadn’t thought of using it that way. That means that everyone who wants some ridiculous item sucking vortex can easily add it to their game.

I’d have to add vehicle support for vehicles… I’ll take a miss on that one. I might make vehicles “dockable” if that turns out to not be too difficult, but that provides it’s own issues.

Namely the same sort that make me terrible at KSP.

Yes we need street sweepers.

Thanks. I thought that it was annoying that these robotic street sweepers had no method to perform their function. Well now they do.