Windows ASCII colour change

I’ll make this as simple as possible, dark (beartrap) blue is too dark to differentiate easily from black, it doesn’t stand out at all.
It’s definitely visible, I’d just prefer not to strain my eyes while looking for a set beartrap or objects of the same colour.

If it were a slightly brighter shade, it’d be brilliant!

I think traps were not meant to be seen…

Sometimes you can’t see bear traps because perception modifiers i think…

[quote=“ShadowZero, post:1, topic:3271”]I’ll make this as simple as possible, dark (beartrap) blue is too dark to differentiate easily from black, it doesn’t stand out at all.
It’s definitely visible, I’d just prefer not to strain my eyes while looking for a set beartrap or objects of the same colour.

If it were a slightly brighter shade, it’d be brilliant![/quote]

Reasonable. If the character can’t see the trap…it doesn’t appear at all, and something else shows up instead.

If the trap symbol is there, it’s because the character can see or otherwise detect the trap. If the player can’t see it, that’s an Interface Screw.

Really we should just have a color config file like the one Dwarf Fortress has. Probably the only reason we don’t have one already is because SDL mode is still relatively new.

People not realizing I’m actually referring to colours, as my character can blatantly see most, if not all traps easily.

Good idea Gatleos, and thanks KA101 as well, at least you read my post correctly.

Yeah, I agree the color should be changed, no need to screw the players.

++color config file
Terminal and possibly SDL colors can be displayed differently on different systems, making it configurable is the only bulletproof way to give everyone what they want.