When is 0.D coming?

It’s been 2 years since the last stable release. Is there going to be a feature/content freeze anytime soon to get a new release ready?

Soon™

But, answering your question, it seems the team is plans to start the whole release process in June or July

Feature freeze is happening right now.

But there is a long list of bugs marked as 0.D, some of which are hard enough to require a redesign to fully fix.
The release date depends a lot on compromises between intended quality and time of release. Some of the problems can be partially fixed and that would be much faster than doing it the right way, it’s just that it would end up causing trouble afterwards.

My optimistic estimate is: by the end of the year.
Pessimistic: beginning of 2019.

Github has a Milestone for it if you want to keep up to date on this. That might not be everything but it’s at least the known & tagged ones I guess.

That is the vast majority of the things we will be fixing for 0.D, the only alternatives are things that are dicovered/broken between now and then that are deemed game-breaking.

And here I thought this game had gone off and died. I look forward to its resurrection when 0.D releases this September.

It is a continuum.

0.D is not substantially different from the current experimentals.

Then they should update the “latest experimental features” thread, because I’ve been keeping an eye on it and there have barely been any interesting updates since the last time I downloaded the experimental months ago beyond what Coolthulhu posted.

Here one can view the latest changes.

[quote="§k, post:9, topic:13822"]https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is%3Apr%20is%3Aclosed%20is%3Amerged

Here one can view the latest changes.[/quote]

I have no interest in sifting through hundreds of tiny changes to substitute for perusing a presentable list of meaningful new features. Most of these are just bugfixes anyway.

I’m afraid that no one is interested in making and working on a presentable list of meaningful new features.

And anyway there’ll be one when 0.D is released.

[quote=“Alec White, post:11, topic:13822”]I’m afraid that no one is interested in making and working on a presentable list of meaningful new features.

And anyway there’ll be one when 0.D is released.[/quote]

Then someone might as well unsticky and close the “latest experimental features” thread in Announcements, because apparently it’s now no man’s land. People stopped posting important updates there a few months ago for some reason. Apparently nobody’s interested in informing people like me what’s new anymore.

Its mostly been bug fixes for a hot minute anyway

Yeah, even the list of major changes between 0.C and 0.D is/will be immense. There have been 22638 commits since 0.C, and over 4 million changed lines of code. There’s just no way to summarize that.

After this monolith is out the door, I’m hoping CDDA moves to a much more frequent release pattern.

I was going to release last July… Then my son was born :confused:
Yea that derailed things a bit.

[quote=“leland, post:14, topic:13822”]Yeah, even the list of major changes between 0.C and 0.D is/will be immense. There have been 22638 commits since 0.C, and over 4 million changed lines of code. There’s just no way to summarize that.

After this monolith is out the door, I’m hoping CDDA moves to a much more frequent release pattern.[/quote]

I was more specifically referring to the major additions made since the last post on the latest experimental features thread. Just want some more updates there is all. As the changes happen. Not necessarily a huge list.

There’s something I’m planning on looking into to make keeping such a list up to date more easily, but repeatedly demanding that we put more effort into it isn’t going to get you anywhere.

There’s something I’m planning on looking into to make keeping such a list up to date more easily, but repeatedly demanding that we put more effort into it isn’t going to get you anywhere.[/quote]

It got you to tell me you’re looking into it. I’ll take it.

Guess I’ll drop it then, maybe I’ll look into it after 0.D.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:15, topic:13822”]I was going to release last July… Then my son was born :confused:
Yea that derailed things a bit.[/quote]

Congratulations!