Whats your playing style?

Kill one zombie at a time, hope to find some kind of sword (something like a broadsword), fail to find that sword, run of my life as soon as i see a shocker zombie style.
Stats
Str:12
Dex:10
Int:8
Per:7

Traits
Animal Empathy, Fast Learner, Melee Weapon Training (Eskrima)
Addictive Personality, Forgetful, Heavy Sleeper, Lightweight, Sleepy, Truth Teller, Weak Stomach

Sometimes i’ll pick less good traits depending on if i decide to pick a more expensive careers (the name of that category refuses to tell itself to me) or if i choose to put any more points into skills

Skills
Depending on if i have any points left I’ll put one into either dodging, melee or both.

First i make a makeshift crowbar, then go into a town and either start trying to find a backpack (because I never get one in the basement of the shelter) or get overrun by zombies and decide too late that it’s best if i run, then die. That or i’ll spend 2 IRL days building a luxury RV and then decide once it’s done that it handles like a boat and questions why it turns as if it is rear wheel steering. Then either deal with it and crash into everything or change vehicles to a armored car that always breaks down (because i can’t drive) or get an electric car that doesn’t charge for anything. Then i drive down a road at 70MPH and accidentally drive into a roadblock, and get blown up by a microscopic tank. Then i repeat!

My in game character lives cleaner than I do

Maybe I would too, if I fought every day for life.

i have a trunk filled with guns and explosives, another filled with ammo, and lots and lots and lots of casings… buuut never use any of it

Well, personally, my most successful character to date (having recently ‘celebrated’ her second year in the Cataclysm starting) was:
Str - 10
Dex - 8
Int - 14
Per - 10

Animal Empathy, Fleet-Footed, Less Sleep, Night Vision, Quick
Addictive Personality, Glass Jaw, Heavy Sleeper, Insomniac, Poor Hearing, Weak Stomach

Started as a Lost submissive with no skills.

And at this point she has a mobile fortress with laser cannons on it, a few years worth of clean water, a few decades worth of preserved food, and is working on moving into a recently found farm to ensure a steady supply of fresh food for life.

Oh, and she has mutated a ton, but lucked into good gene mutation almost right away. So between that and some tactical switching of what mutagen she uses, she has a slew of good mutations and only a couple of bad ones. Also lots of cybernetics thanks to high int.

Started with her making a sling, then a slingshot fairly early. Used that for a bit till she could craft a proper bow. Took ages to get up to a reflex recurve bow and metal arrows, but when she did, all things fell before her.

About the only thing she wants for at the moment is a medical serum so she can evolve into her proper form.

I’m sure I should have gotten things like masochist for her for story reasons, but I hadn’t made a character last past about 2-3 days before this, so I was already somewhat crazy going with a negative profession and didn’t want to use up points on something I didn’t think would be so useful, but it all ended up working out quite nicely.

What were you addicted to? I’ve been addicted to Xanax and speed and a bit of opiate use at different times, I started when I was 15. now I’m in South Korea so I drink a lot. I wouldn’t say I’m an alcoholic but I’m heading in that direction. I quit smoking I’m on day 14 right now.

But yeah every time I see the word Xanax in game I feel the need to pick it up and take some, lol.

Lately after a rash of heavily cheated characters with over 200 build points to spend when I first started playing Cata so that I could have all 14s and all the good traits, the template I’ve been using for my characters has been 8 STR, 8 DEX, 12 INT, 8 PER with vanilla survivor profession and start and 0 good or bad traits. The only vanilla things I change is to auto-delete the world on death and to turn skill rust off.

So my style in-game has mostly been screaming and bleeding for very short periods of time.

Strangely I find it more fun than my supermen though.

So I’ve been on an ‘Unwilling Mutant’ kick. It’s probably my favorite start out of all of them besides ‘Infected’

I bump Initial points to 8 and turn skill rust off with 90 day seasons (because realism, YAY)

Str: 10
Dex: 10
Int: 10
Per: 10

I only take two traits
Good: Robust Genetics
Bad: Genetically Unstable

One skill point in Dodge

Thats it. you start in the middle of nowhere and you’ve got nothing to your name. First goal for me is to pick up a few rocks and start throwing at any nearby woodland creatures. Raid at least one house and get any supplies I can grab, make sure there’s a knife or at least something to sharpen some sticks and practice throwing for a bit. Blankets are life savers at this point because of the 2 day snows and rains.

After a day or so your first mutations start showing up and after that its a dice roll to see what you get from then on. I don’t drink random mutagens and CBMs are few and far between with loot being at .1

[quote=“Nopkar, post:47, topic:8207”]So I’ve been on an ‘Unwilling Mutant’ kick. It’s probably my favorite start out of all of them besides ‘Infected’

I bump Initial points to 8 and turn skill rust off with 90 day seasons (because realism, YAY)

I only take two traits

One skill point in Dodge

Thats it. you start in the middle of nowhere and you’ve got nothing to your name. First goal for me is to pick up a few rocks and start throwing at any nearby woodland creatures. Raid at least one house and get any supplies I can grab, make sure there’s a knife or at least something to sharpen some sticks and practice throwing for a bit. Blankets are life savers at this point because of the 2 day snows and rains.

After a day or so your first mutations start showing up and after that its a dice roll to see what you get from then on. I don’t drink random mutagens and CBMs are few and far between with loot being at .1[/quote]

I really really like this and I’m going to try it out after my current guy dies off.

How do you world gen? NPCs? Wander Spawns? What’s your zombie spawn rate?

[quote=“Okiemurse, post:48, topic:8207”][quote=“Nopkar, post:47, topic:8207”]So I’ve been on an ‘Unwilling Mutant’ kick. It’s probably my favorite start out of all of them besides ‘Infected’

I only take two traits

One skill point in Dodge

After a day or so your first mutations start showing up and after that its a dice roll to see what you get from then on. I don’t drink random mutagens and CBMs are few and far between with loot being at .1[/quote]

I really really like this and I’m going to try it out after my current guy dies off.

How do you world gen? NPCs? Wander Spawns? What’s your zombie spawn rate?[/quote]

City size: 6
Spawn Rate: 1 (Default)
Item Spawn: .1

Season Length 90
No Wander Spawn
Static NPC
Mutate by Rad True

The start is the hardest and I may increase the spawn rate. Its just how the game goes after you get that first good foothold and get skills above +4 you can handle more and more Z’s.

I only have one mod on: No zombie revival. I dislike the tedium personally.

Overall this isn’t as hard as some of the other challenges but it’s unique in its own way and the roleplay aspects are quite fun. And those random mutations add a spin on the whole thing, making you wonder what you’re going to grow next. Stat upgrade? Horns? Tail? Beak? (seriously, I hate beaks :frowning: )

Thanks!

Careful, Genetically unstable is a fickle b*tch. Middle of combat in town with dozens of Z’s and their ilk around me and boom- hollow bones.

I was starting to like this character :frowning:

otherwise, have fun! :smiley:

GOTTA HOARD FAST