What's the very first thing you do when starting a new game?

Besides pester NPCs and check the basement, I mean.

I always look around for a public works to get some weapons and tools, or a pawn shop so I can stock up on decent equipment early on.

1 Like

I usually smash a bench in order to make a pointy stick, after that i head to town, smash the window of a house and grab the rope from it. After that i head to the forest, find a heavy stick and make a longbow and some arrows.

After that i stay in the wilds for a while. I hunt animals for food and practice. I make some rock tools and turn the evac shelter (or whatever building i use as a base) into a fortress.

Not the most original or daring strategy, but it works :slight_smile:

[quote=“Accursed91, post:2, topic:1967”]I usually smash a bench in order to make a pointy stick, after that i head to town, smash the window of a house and grab the rope from it. After that i head to the forest, find a heavy stick and make a longbow and some arrows.

After that i stay in the wilds for a while. I hunt animals for food and practice. I make some rock tools and turn the evac shelter (or whatever building i use as a base) into a fortress.

Not the most original or daring strategy, but it works :)[/quote]
I wish I had the patience for that. I prefer to just sprint into town and look any high value targets.

I usually just run into town, typically straight for the military surplus/sporting goods/clothing store, and then the gun shop if there is one. Probably why I always get killed. >.>

Press Map to see if there are any good buildings, check basement,smash locker for pipe then go to town and raid it in daylight.

if there is a gun shop i just run for it and if i get a gun with ammo , i have won the game , because these is nothing that can stop me.

if there are on gun shops , it’s way more fun because i get to do the reason i was born - to be a stealthy ninja.

[quote=“woflsipder, post:6, topic:1967”]if there is a gun shop i just run for it and if i get a gun with ammo , i have won the game , because these is nothing that can stop me.

if there are on gun shops , it’s way more fun because i get to do the reason i was born - to be a stealthy ninja.[/quote]

See, guns dont ever do me any good. I’m too cheap. I refuse to waste ammo on anything if I think I can take it in melee. So I end up getting swarmed while I have a fully loaded Mac10, USP and Saiga ready to go while I’m busy whacking zombies with a pipe.

@Tee It actually doesn’t take that long :slight_smile: if you just keep killing creatures with your bow you will quickly level up your archery, if you also butcher said creatures your survival skill will sky rocket to the point where you can make pretty much whatever you need to survive. :slight_smile:

But you see, my first instinct is “Sprint into town and hit everything you can see with that lovely pipe”.
I always follow my instincts…

use pocket knife , it’s way less effective and even your instincts be afraid to go in town with that.

1 Like

I check the map for buildings of interest (garage, military surplus, gun store, electronics store, gas station) and significant threats (Fungal spire, swamp, etc). Then I rush the town and rummage through unlocked buildings for backpacks/rucksacks, followed by food/clean water, tools (esp: crowbar, wood axe and wood saw, cot, jerrycans) and skill books.

If I’ve found enough to gather a jerrycan of toilet water and hunt animals for two days, and if I’ve spotted a vehicle that can work with a little siphoning, the map is probably worth keeping. If not, I usually suicide and reset the map… or run off into the sunset for giggles and see if I can survive the night with no resources. As an aside, the latter strategy seems to work better when I have a competent gun.

I start with a character (scoundrel for +1 melee) with a 2 unarmed and Krav Maga. This way I can reliably fight in melee regardless of the situation. Even if a wolf spider jumps me as I leave the evac shelter, I can just punch it to death pretty easily.

After that I walk along the road until I find some useful (usually away from town). Preferably, a cabin or a farm, which I turn into my permanent base. Otherwise, if I find a bunch of gas stations I’ll try to bum a car with a working engine and become a nomad, until I find myself either a cabin or farmhouse.

TL;DR I punch crap and live a hermit inside a cabin.

1- Check map;
2- Run to the nearest house;
3- Smash a back window and take a heavy stick;
4- Open front window;
5- Clear the street using heavy stick(through the window);
6- Loot everything;
7- Get back to shelter and store loot;
8- Repeat steps 2-3-4-5-6-7 (at least 2 times);
9- Find somewhere better safer than the initial shelter;
10- Get killed during step 9.

Damn step 9…

The very first thing I do is smash two benches, grab the nails, a board and then go out an find a rock so I can make a nailboard. After that I start looting the outlying houses for stuff. I hate being hungry and thirsty so those are my main priorities before the first day is over.

Smash bench, grab rock, make crowbar.
Loot buildings, find all the storage clothes I can, stock food and medical supplies.
Locate wheels, search countryside for nearby rural location to use as a base, set up shop.

After that I head into town for looting at my leisure.

I combined all the sensible ideas in here, with 24 points and basicly gave myself scoundrel, good archer setup, krav mega with 4 in unarmed, and made all the stone tools. Wanna know what killed me while i was looking for water? Heres a hint.
J. I always find these guys, and they always ruin my day. Another good ting that people should post here is their starting setup, like stats and skills and mutations, ect.

I hate being hungry and thirsty so those are my main priorities before the first day is over.
Yeah really, are those guys serious - fresh strawberries [i]and[/i] beer? Check please. :-P

Check Bionics, always take cyborg.(PS ROBUST GENETICS BEST PERK IN GAME 2013) Check map, run outside, grab rock, smash locker, make crowbar, check basement, do shit.

Run outside, strangle a few squirrels with my ninja hands, punch down a tree, and then promptly drop the badass act and start goofing around like mad.

Fear my name zombies, for I have killed countless of your brethren. Using only helion, I have cleared entire towns of your vile filth. I am the shadow in every corner, no zombie or edible spread is safe from my wrath. Call me, “The Butter”.

*For context, I was at one point going to try and start up an extremely nonsensical comic based on my adventures
              on here, but then I realized I have the drawing ability of a mildly digested fish.

Guess I play the most boring way, using rocks to kill all the zombies house by house, usually until my throwing is stupidly high then move onto slings, now arrows (wow they’re good), then move onto foods and if I’m lucky, a vehicle (managed to find on with only broken tires in a town with no garage).