What's the best way to keep warm early game?

I end up wearing the emergency blanket and making hand wraps. It’s just a pain to be overburdened then have to drop all your shit fight and put it back on. So what do you go for in the begining?

BURN EVERYTHING! if unable to “BURN EVERYTHING”[size=6pt][sup]TM[/sup][/size], find better and/or make better clothes.

If you want my advice, then a good way to keep warm is by tearing down curtains in your starting shelter and wearing the sheet, or spamming making fishing hooks to making the wooden needle - then making the better option of blankets. WOO! BLANKETS!

But that’s if you aren’t a scrub at tailoring. If you can tailor, here’s a build that usually gets me nice and warm early game with decent storage:

-Undershirt
-Sleeveless Trenchcoat
-Hoodie
-Backpack

-Arm Warmers

-Cargo Shorts
-Cargo Shorts
-Boxer Shorts

-Light Gloves
-Leather gloves (If I’ve found leather)
-2x Handwraps, 1x Extra Light Gloves (Only for keeping hands warm whilst sleeping, otherwise I store these and don’t wear them whilst doing other things.)

-Balaclava
-Knit Scarf
-Cotton Hat x 2

-Stockings
-Socks
-Sneakers (I should usually have these still on. I can make foot rags in an emergency or loot a dead zombie’s shoes.)
-Boots (If I can get my hands on the leather for these, I make boots when possible.)
-Socks (Maybe even stockings if I’m feeling super cool.

And remember to wear blankets when sleeping! It’ll save your life and your tootsies from getting cold!

Kill zombies, get clothes, train tailoring, done.

Thank you Jakers, I’ll try that setup.

Yup. Or curtains. :slight_smile:

NO

NO YOU DON’T DO THIS

You drop your blanket/pile of clothes on the square you want to sleep on and sleep on it. It’ll keep every part of you warm that way.

NO

NO YOU DON’T DO THIS

You drop your blanket/pile of clothes on the square you want to sleep on and sleep on it. It’ll keep every part of you warm that way.[/quote]

gg no re

gj team 8/8 rekt

Day 1 Warmth Guide for me:

Go outside the evac shelter and get 3 rocks, come back in, make a stone hammer then make a stone knife. Bash the benches to get splintered wood and two-by-fours. Make a wooden needle. Tear down a curtain, disasemble the long string. Then disassemble 4 of the small strings. Grab the 200 thread and load your needle. Take the sheet from the curtains and cut it up for rags, both sheets if you want to. Equip the stone hammer and smash a locker, bend the 1 pipe you get from that into a makeshift crowbar.

At this point, you may have to go beat up a zombie and practice your tailoring on their discarded clothing, if not, start (a)ctivating your needle on your clothes until they are reinforced. By now you should be able to make a pair of stockings, a wool (knit?) cap and light gloves.

That should get you started for now, go use your crowbar as a bashing weapon and smack around some zombies. Cut up any tennis shoes or boots you find to get leather and upgrade / add onto your hands some leather gloves or leather gauntlets when you can. A balaclava should be gotten as soon as possible, though mouth coldness doesn’t do that much harm, only slows you down a little bit. The rest of you should be warm enough. A bandana helps, but barely.

Sleep on blankets and old clothes or raid a house with a stone fireplace and keep warm with a fire (Lighters and Matchboxes seem plentiful)

I don’t know what you all are talking about.

This, Plus Jakers what happened to that cute little pony thing flipping its hair? I loved that thing.

[quote=“Mistakensir, post:12, topic:7999”]I don’t know what you all are talking about.

This, Plus Jakers what happened to that cute little pony thing flipping its hair? I loved that thing.[/quote]

Some random dancing guy called Kakyoin replaced her. Maybe I’ll bring her back X3