What tileset do you usually use for playing? :D

An old eeePC with Linux Lubuntu 13.04, ASCII with Topaz 8 font (square, i just can’t enjoy playing with non square font). It’s not very fancy but it’s readable. When i will get my “normal computer” i will try tilesets. Cataclysm DDA is one of the very few games i can play ASCII, it’s very clean and straight, according to my tastes.

topaz-8 must look good, but it’s not square =(

[quote=“Sean Mirrsen, post:22, topic:7601”]Because I’ll never tire of shamelessly plugging the feature, the latest experimentals now allow a separate font for the overmap.

And yes, I play with ASCII. Mostly tilesets scavenged from Dwarf Fortress, with minor alterations in places.

Standard 8x12 curses font for text, 18x18 resized curses for main window, and a custom 13x13 font for the map.[/quote]

I really like how this looks.

[quote=“Sean Mirrsen, post:22, topic:7601”]Because I’ll never tire of shamelessly plugging the feature, the latest experimentals now allow a separate font for the overmap.

And yes, I play with ASCII. Mostly tilesets scavenged from Dwarf Fortress, with minor alterations in places.

Standard 8x12 curses font for text, 18x18 resized curses for main window, and a custom 13x13 font for the map.[/quote]

Only fonts?

It’s the map tileset cata deserves, but not the one it supports right now.
(Some tiles look weird, sadly the F is used for more stuff, not only the Forest tile (wich does not let me make trees) and i can’t tell what i am looking at because there is no selector. Why? idk.)
Yeah, sadly it got quite a few bugs. And i did not even tried notes yet, wich will destroy my hopes.

However, it’s a bit fun to try. You perfectly can with this and the update!

I started getting the Experimental builds and using them to get ahold of MShock’s tileset(s). MShock32 is what I’m currently using

Right now I’m using the RetroDays20 tileset, but I might take a peek at your tileset in the future, StopSignal! It looks pretty neat :smiley:

I’ve been sorta drifting to and fro between various graphics, trying to find something that gives a good combination of easy visibility (For people who might want to watch me do more Cata recordings) and the ability to quickly distinguish creatures in a pinch (As I’m still used to mostly ASCII), while still being square rather than rectangular.

Thanks a lot! Flattered person here! :smiley:
As any person developing something, i am much obligued to tell that there is a big update soon! No creatures, mostly terrain. Anyways, it will be huge compared to the others.

As i am developing my own, there is no need to tell which tileset i use. But before that i enjoyed RetroDays a lot, and in the first days, i always used Hoder’s, mostly because the pc looked rad.

I don’t use any tileset because I don’t need it and the game runs 10x slower for me with one.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:46, topic:7601”][quote=“Sean Mirrsen, post:22, topic:7601”]Because I’ll never tire of shamelessly plugging the feature, the latest experimentals now allow a separate font for the overmap.

Beautiful Tileset StopSignal! - it’s amazing!

Only fonts?

(Some tiles look weird, sadly the F is used for more stuff, not only the Forest tile (wich does not let me make trees) and i can’t tell what i am looking at because there is no selector. Why? idk.)
Yeah, sadly it got quite a few bugs. And i did not even tried notes yet, wich will destroy my hopes.

However, it’s a bit fun to try. You perfectly can with this and the update![/quote]

[quote=“Dark Star, post:51, topic:7601”][quote=“StopSignal, post:46, topic:7601”][quote=“Sean Mirrsen, post:22, topic:7601”]Because I’ll never tire of shamelessly plugging the feature, the latest experimentals now allow a separate font for the overmap.

Beautiful Tileset StopSignal! - it’s amazing!

Only fonts?

However, it’s a bit fun to try. You perfectly can with this and the update![/quote][/quote]

I think you messed up the quotes, haha. But thanks a lot! :smiley:

(This kind of stuff makes my day every time)

I thought that you could only Modify one of the parts of the text. I didn’t know you could choose over-map and normal as different size?

Hi new person! Welcome!

Yep, looks like someone made some tweaks and now it’s there to grab! It’s not merged, i think, you have to apply it. Let me search for the link:

[quote=“Sean Mirrsen, post:140, topic:5201”]Okay, here’s a simple hack-pack. There’s a 10x10 RetroASCII font, a 10x20 version, and a 20x20 version. You’re technically free to use them wherever, but this set assigns the 10x20 to the main font (so it’s readable), the 20x20 to the viewport font (so it’s all large and in your face if you have a big screen, since you can’t exactly zoom it without tiles), and the 10x10 to the map font (so that you see more of the area at once). Changing them around is a matter of switching things around in fonts.json.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4152380/Cata_RetroASCII.zip - Just extract into your cata folder. Make sure your terminal size isn’t set too high.

[/quote]

Mshock32 all the way.

anyone can point me to good square font and tutorial how to configure it?

We integrated Square or something about a month ago, IIRC? Check data/fonts, then you’d need to change your config to the square font’s name and relaunch the game, I’d imagine.

We integrated Square or something about a month ago, IIRC? Check data/fonts, then you’d need to change your config to the square font’s name and relaunch the game, I’d imagine.[/quote]

thanks

Wait, we can import tilesets from D.F.? I thought that they used different formats…