What is nether?

well wen i found thes "nether"enemys in C.D.D.A i was confusde what were dey and wen i serch nether on the internet only thing is the game calld “Nether” and the nether in minecraft

in short=what is really the nether in C.D.D.A and if posible a defenition that is not about minecraft

The stuff that’s on the other side of the portal, I think.

Nether comes from the old english saying “inferior”, it usually comes in the form of netherworld as underworld, it’s not hell as in volcanoes, fires and demons but more of a dark eldritch place. Minecraft probably tough of that but it wasn’t the first to come up with the idea of a netherworld, just go and look at any old pre-2006 RPG and you will find it in there.
I Cata DDA I supose they’re the inhabitants of this dark place and were the creatures that leaked through the portals. Also not to be offencive but, your grammar is kind of flawed in many places, I suggest a spell checker if you’re not native from an english speaking country.

Not to be making fun, but you made some mistakes in the sentence you were making about mistakes in a sentence.

England has a capital E, and it’s offensive, not offencive.

Not to be making fun, but you made some mistakes in the sentence you were making about mistakes in a sentence.

England has a capital E, and it’s offensive, not offencive.[/quote]
lol. I guess we all make mistakes sometimes.

Lolnoobs

so the nether is the “under world” its not a alien planet? well still i now what is the nether but 1 more question

in the futer updates is it gona be posible to go the the Nether and im bad at grama yes i now but im not frome america so its hard if you ar going to ask im spanish

America’s not the only place that speaks English.

Try England for place that also speaks English.
(Sorry if this seems really unnecessary, I just don’t like it when people forget that England is also a place that people come from.)

dude i now England talks inglish i tuke history class is mi grama thats bad because th is your d somtimes so its confusing and mix some spanish to mi grama i talk spaninglesh in short but i talk inglish flawles and perfect is mi grama

Quite unnecessary, Mrno.

Indeed but still

is the nether in futer updates can we travel to the nether? thanks

La habilidad de viajar y explorar el “nether” es algo planeado. Pero, por ahora, nadie a mencionado intenciones de trabajar en ello, asi que no queda nada más que esperar.

Heh. Using spanish online feels so strange.

para mi no es muy facil pero tu aprenderas algun dia solo veras puedes ser que seas mejor que yo XD

The Spanish I know:

Chinga tu madre
donde esta el banjo(banyo)
donde esta el hotel (otel)
donde esta el garage (garahe)
donde esta el resturante

And that’s about it.

Yo no habla Espanol; yo no habla Castialiano.

KA101 does not speak Spanish, and has heard it referenced with two different terms so used both

The Nether plane(s?) are a different dimension, more or less, than the Earth “Prime” universe. The teleportation experiments managed to open passages between the dimensions, which also let through some folks from the Nether. One thing led to another, and now the Nether folks have plenty of ways through.

It’s easier to get from Nether to Prime, than to get from Prime to Nether. GlyphGryph once compared it to a balloon with a slow leak: much easier for air to get out of the balloon than to put air into the balloon. Teleporting tends to make the balloon thinner, and eventually creates more leaks.

Because of the way the planes interact, moving from one plane to another lets any two points on one plane (for example, that floating eye over there, and you) effectively be adjacent to each other given the proper skills and abilities. GlyphGryph’s working on implementing that: it’s more a lore than a coding issue.

Uh…

No hablo español?

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:16, topic:6105”]Uh…

No hablo español?[/quote]

And if I had ready access to extended characters, sure.

‘Alternate dimension’ could refer to a dimension upon which alternate realities, worlds, spatial constructs… could exist. However, a dimension is the plane upon which entities can exist, and not the entities themselves. Perhaps such an alternate place could possess alternate dimensions and therefore be all the more alien, but, fundamentally, a dimension itself is not a thing that you can visit, observe, or(outside of some pretty nearly purely fictional stuff) manipulate, they are just a bit too abstract… So calling The Netherworld an alternate dimension really isn’t accurate.
“Nether” is basically a term used to refer to a specific group of Cataclysm: D.D.A. entities. They are the ones most likely to operate according to different rules, such as flying without exploiting low pressures, travelling through solid objects, that sort of thing. They tend to hang out around portals. It is possible that the other invaders come from specific places while the nether critters are from everywhere that isn’t specific and just sort of ‘show up’ when you start playing with portals between worlds…
Another way of looking at it is that nether, when referring to this game, is a synonym for “Lovecraftian” which should show up on plenty of searches…

[quote=“yonsisac, post:11, topic:6105”]Indeed but still

is the nether in futer updates can we travel to the nether? thanks[/quote]

Indeed, but still...

In future updates will we be able to travel to The Nether? Thanks.

I believe that it is planned, but a long way off, and possibly only to a very limited extent.

[quote=“yonsisac, post:7, topic:6105”]so the nether is the “under world” its not a alien planet? well still i now what is the nether but 1 more question

in the futer updates is it gona be posible to go the the Nether and im bad at grama yes i now but im not frome america so its hard if you ar going to ask im spanish[/quote]

So The Nether is the "under world". It's not an alien planet? Well still, I know what The Nether is but I have 1 more question.
Well, there could be planets there, and it is alien, but no path exists by which you could fly there from Earth without going through a portal. It exists in a different 'space'.
In future updates is it [s]going to[/s] gunna be possible to go to The Nether?
I get the impression that it will be, but I do not expect it to happen soon enough that I would wait for it. And it may just be small rooms or something, I wouldn't get my hopes too high that there will be a whole new overworld map to go to. But I really don't know.
I'm bad at grammar, yes I know, but I'm not from America so it's difficult. If you are going to ask, I'm Spanish.
I appreciate that it is difficult, and thank you for your efforts. I, for one, certainly do not seem to be willing to go to the effort to learn Spanish... We are not all from The U.S.A., nor even from North America, nor even from The Americas... Honestly, America is a terrible term, but everyone uses it so I can't really blame any individual. Blaming ALL of the individuals though... I saw a "you are" in there, and just had to say something. It is perfectly correct to say "you are" and that is a fine and noble thing to do. It is also accurate to contract it to "you're". On the other hand, "your" is something different, and folk constantly seem to get this wrong. "You're" means "you are", "your" roughly means "belonging to you". You're wearing your clothes. Your swimming pool is not safe. You're now drowning. You're going to find that there're many words in their language that they're not going to care aren't too easy to tell apart when your trying to learn how they speak.

Hrmm, my spellchecker doesn’t like “there’re”. Meh, living language, all’s fair… Oh, but it knows “all’s”, ugh, stupid Victorian nonsense…

In the Lovecraftian mythos which spawned all of this, “alien” is synonymous with “underworld.” The gods, demons, and monsters of human religion, myth, and folklore are really a sort of racial memory and subconscious recognition of the horrors which live “in the darkness between the stars.” The Universe is a hostile, malevolent place where alien entities of unimaginable power and evil follow incomprehensible rules as they vie for power and define existence itself. God, for example, who created the Universe, is a mindless entity the size of a galaxy surrounded by insane alien pipers (which we mistakenly think of as angels). Humans who realize the truth of any of this usually go mad from the horror of it. (The Mad Arab, Abdul Al-Hazrad, wrote about these things in his forbidden book, the Necronomicon, and was torn apart in broad daylight by invisible entities as a result.)

So the Nether is the archetypal “alien other.” It is an alien planet, or alien dimension, or Hell, or Niflheim, and none of those, and all of those. Part of the brilliance of Lovecraft is that his mythos is deliberately inconsistent so that it remains mysterious and terrible.

I though alien meant strange and unknown…