What do alpha serum and medical serum do?

They’re confusing me. I try to use them but I can’t tell…

Serums need a syringe…

I know. But their effects…

They sound like mutagen, only in syringe form.

Im curious too you find them in hospitals or labs or what?

Oooo mysterious mutagens!

Please report results! I’d love to hear about these intriguing new scientific advancements.

I’ve seen something about “Medical” in a hospital, but serums only ever in labs. Never found an alpha serum lying around.

Aha serum gives beast mutations, medical gives just normal random mutations. These both have less chance of being bad mutations. Stacks with robust genetics.

don’t use the medical serum unless you like schizophrenia.

In fact don’t use any mutagens other than beast and bird. All of the rest are terrible, even with robust genetics.

Nah. Not all are equal, but there is no “terrible” one.

[quote=“Bonevomit, post:9, topic:4747”]don’t use the medical serum unless you like schizophrenia.

In fact don’t use any mutagens other than beast and bird. All of the rest are terrible, even with robust genetics.[/quote]

I use the slime mutation, with the right CBMs you can counteract high thirst. Plus I regenerate!

I, myself personally am working on a combo of insect/spider/cow I can now eat undergrowth, see in the dark (fully), have infared vision, hooves, am terrifiing and fleet footed I also have more but don’t remember,

EDIT meant underbrush sorry
double edit forget the cow thing I am now officially part wolfman instead (that’s what happens when you chug a gallon and a half of mutagen)

1 Like

Eating grass? I got Ruminant once and it only let me eat “underbrush”.

Good job mixing categories, though.

Wait, ruminants can eat bushes?

Dear god.

That’s disappointing. I was hoping for a sort of super-soldier serum. Like something like a tyrant from Resident Evil.

A slightly better beast serum and a slightly better mutagen isn’t all that impressive. Needs something to stand out from the rest of the pack.

Make alpha serum addictive and really useful. Make medical serum cure the problems from such diseases as fungal infection, dialection, dianetics, emphysema, ebola, emphasis, and alpha serum side effects. Also, make it addictive too, just for shits and giggles.

You’ve made two really rare, special serums and they’re… just sort of re-skins.

You know what we should have right?

Mushroom mutations.

[quote=“wad67, post:16, topic:4747”]You know what we should have right?

Mushroom mutations.[/quote]

We do. They just burst out of you, doing enough damage to kill you.

That’s disappointing. I was hoping for a sort of super-soldier serum. Like something like a tyrant from Resident Evil.

A slightly better beast serum and a slightly better mutagen isn’t all that impressive. Needs something to stand out from the rest of the pack.

Make alpha serum addictive and really useful. Make medical serum cure the problems from such diseases as fungal infection, dialection, dianetics, emphysema, ebola, emphasis, and alpha serum side effects. Also, make it addictive too, just for shits and giggles.

You’ve made two really rare, special serums and they’re… just sort of re-skins.[/quote]

What’s really disappointing is that folks actually believe GTA. I’ve “tried” both categories and they’re their own thing.

(You might look for a thread called “Mutation category expansion”. Drawing Board. :wink: )

I also understand that mutagens have become addictive–just landed yesterday, IIRC.

Medical focus on your mind, Alpha focus on your body (stats). Both are well disigned for a melee caracter. (less for ranged cause a lot of mutations are useless for them)

Medical allow to deal with pain and hp recovery mainly, and alpha give stats without annoying counter part (may change because it’s REALLY OP ATM)

Exact list :
Medical
-Addicitve prsonality
-Chemical imbalance
-Disease resistant
-Fast healer
-Forgetfull
-Heavy sleeper
-Fast metabolism
-Insomiac
-jittery
-Lightweight
-Mood swings
-Very quick pain recovery
-Pain resistant
-poison resistant
-Radiogenic
-Robust genetic
-Schizophrenic
-Self-aware
-Genetically unstable
-Vomitous
Alpha
-Dextrous
-fast metabolism
-Smart
-Nausea
-Very perceptive
-Pretty
-Weakening
-Very strong
-Robut genetic

Feel free to edit wiki also, i could but don’t know know anyhting about the [Stuff][/stuff] & co used here, so i would just mess up everything.

[quote=“TheGrifter, post:17, topic:4747”][quote=“wad67, post:16, topic:4747”]You know what we should have right?

Mushroom mutations.[/quote]

We do. They just burst out of you, doing enough damage to kill you.[/quote]

Naw not fungal infections.

Mushroom mutations.

Maybe you can eat shit to grow strong and mushroomy.

Or maybe its the opposite of the sunlight powered mutations.