What do alpha serum and medical serum do?

Alpha mutagen/serum is human++. There’s no major downsides aside from some issues with your GI tract, and it makes you just… better. If you can pass the alpha threshold, you can get all 4 main stats set to 15 (if you have any that are abnormally low, they only get set to 11). Yes, that means you can potentially lose stats if you started with one or two insanely high stats or got a good Granade or two in.

The only real problem with it is Fast Metabolism, but you get the stat boosts plus things like Good Hearing, Robust Genetics, heck even Pretty.

It is a very powerful mutagen tree, esp. with the recent upgrades. However, it is also very very difficult to make (requiring 3 different mutagen types and 3 purifier per dose).

@waladi
I don’t understand what’s your talking about stats.
Each mutation allow bonus too stats, whatever you’v choose at first when you created your survivor.
“none” Strong/etc +1
"very" +2
"extremly" +3

You start with base of 8, and go up to 20
So you may end with 23

there is nothing about max to 15, or something about 11.

[quote=“Oragepoilu, post:22, topic:4747”]@waladi
I don’t understand what’s your talking about stats.
Each mutation allow bonus too stats, whatever you’v choose at first when you created your survivor.
“none” Strong/etc +1
"very" +2
"extremly" +3

You start with base of 8, and go up to 20
So you may end with 23

there is nothing about max to 15, or something about 11.[/quote]

No-prefix is +1, Very is +2, Extremely is +4, Insanely (now post-Threshold only) is +7, and Prime is =>11 or =>15. Waladil knows whereof xe speaks.

Heard that the coder decided on 15 because that’s one point into “high_trait”, where it costs two character-build points to get the stat point during chargen. As such, it’s not outside human genetics, but it’s pretty good human genetics.

(Alpha is “The Best Of Human Genetics”, as I understand it. No fancy critter-bodyparts, species-mixing, etc. Just human capacities turned to 11–or 15 if they were already good.)