Wells

Goober Jr. lives in a farmhouse well (other kind of well, as in ‘very’, no pun intended) outside any city limits. Does he plumb the depths of sweet, fresh water from the well dug by someone’s grandfather in the late 1800s? No, he draws his from the toilet in imperial gallon quantities. He assures me that boiled toilet water is an acquired taste. (Frankly I don’t trust him. His teeth are all black and his breath smells like a zombie).

Possibly, by now dear reader, you have surmised my suggestion. Wells. I want to dig one. Goober Jr. is standing by with his shovel, hoe, wood saw, wood axe, integrated toolset, welder, pile of metal bits, and hundreds of other various farm bits (chain! … don’t forget chain … farmers will pull over while driving to their own wedding to pick up a length of chain just laying by the road).

Hopefully fresh well water will clear up Goober Juniors’ dental and halitosis problems. Heck, it might even help with his acne, but it is hard to predict considering just how much Adderall he carries in his fanny pack…

Too OP.

You may be right, but not understand why you are right.

A successful source of clean water changes some of the focus of the game from survival to other pursuits. As we do not have a well defined game goal beyond mere survival, it serves to take the ‘fun’ from CDDA.

At some point, however, as a character’s skills increase (or as the direction of the game design takes better shape), the tedium of base survival needs to move to the background and the character’s overarching purpose needs to be center stage.

So, wells … deep subject, eh?

[quote=“Goober, post:3, topic:697”]At some point, however, as a character’s skills increase (or as the direction of the game design takes better shape), the tedium of base survival needs to move to the background and the character’s overarching purpose needs to be center stage.

So, wells … deep subject, eh?[/quote]

I support this idea and agree with your line of reasoning here. What does it take to keep well water clean, anyway? Is water from the ground just inherently cleaner than river and surface water? (I remember when one of my parents had a well system and the water always tasted and smelled like sulfur, but it was safe enough. Catching the blob thing doesn’t matter since nearly everything is assumed to have it anyway.)

gtaGuy you are such a troll!

Anyway though in this respect i think your point is valid wells may be op. However a toilet and a pot means endless fresh water anyway soo (excepting rain storms stopping fires, and brazers help with that.)

So if the well required enough investment I think it should give you river quality water, there’s other features id rather see first though.

Toilets being infinite water isn’t the final state. But yeah, better long term sources are planned. Once we have survival fully fleshed out, we’ll start working on the post survival game. Where you start to rebuild instead of just trying to eke out an existence.