Weight of corpses insane?

So I was cleaning out my farm and I saw a deep corpse stuck in barbed wire. So I was gonna move it so I could butcher it until I went to pick it up and… The weight is 2000… Like serously what kind of fucking deer weighs 2000 pounds?!

A fat one. You dumb cheese

[font=georgia]The weight is for all that juicy meat and bones to chew on[/font]

I don’t think there’s any indication as to what units the numbers are using.

[font=georgia]Its in the options, either to use the metric or imperial system (pounds or kilograms) [/font]

no, metric or imperial only applies to vehicles for mph or kph.

Weight and volume are fixed units

Weight is supposed to be 1/4 pound iirc so a 500 pound deer is pretty realistic

huh xD i thought it applied to everything (weight speed etcetc)

Ah nvm sorry I thought it ment pounds :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Sharp, post:6, topic:1008”]no, metric or imperial only applies to vehicles for mph or kph.

Weight is supposed to be 1/4 pound iirc so a 500 pound deer is pretty realistic[/quote]

One of my characters can carry a max weight of just over 200 units. Which translates to 50lbs. Correct me if I’m wrong but can’t most people carry more than this weight when moving around? 50lbs seems to be on the low end of things. 90lbs seems to be the average for a soldier out in the field. More on top of this if it’s a mountainous country.

[quote=“Flare, post:9, topic:1008”][quote=“Sharp, post:6, topic:1008”]no, metric or imperial only applies to vehicles for mph or kph.

Weight is supposed to be 1/4 pound iirc so a 500 pound deer is pretty realistic[/quote]

One of my characters can carry a max weight of just over 200 units. Which translates to 50lbs. Correct me if I’m wrong but can’t most people carry more than this weight when moving around? 50lbs seems to be on the low end of things. 90lbs seems to be the average for a soldier out in the field. More on top of this if it’s a mountainous country.[/quote]

True, but can you jog long distances or move freely while carrying a heavy load? The latest update lets you go over the top, at the expense of massive encumbrance.

I’m not sure, some soldiers go out on patrol loaded up with much more than 60lbs on their back, often going for 10-15 miles. It seems at least possible, though perhaps not for your average Joe with 8 str.

the difference between a soldier on patrol with 60lbs of gear and your average person is several weeks of intensive physical training and conditioning.

I personally could lift several hundred lbs of stuff (weight lifter in high school) but wouldn’t be able to function in any ‘normal’ capacity.

also there’s the suspense of fatigue in the game, so to compensate a lower weight limit is implied.

Do you actually mean max weight or just weight before being overburdened kicks in and gives you a speed nerf? I’m pretty sure carrying around 50 lbs is doable but your not going to be winning any races

i’m not familiar with the imperial system, but i can do my math (for metric at least) :
1 plastic bottle of water has 2 volume units and 2 weight units. The description says it contains 500ml water. This means half a kilo. So 4 volume units would be 1 liter and 4 weight units would be 1 kilo.
This means that deer has about (exactly) half a ton.

you can expect a deer to weigh anywhere from 100-250 lbs (mostly around 150-200 depending on the season).

assuming ever deer is a perfect 200 lbs (90 kilos for some of you) it would seem the weight is indeed skewed for corpse weight.

[quote=“Ferodaktyl, post:14, topic:1008”]i’m not familiar with the imperial system, but i can do my math (for metric at least) :
1 plastic bottle of water has 2 volume units and 2 weight units. The description says it contains 500ml water. This means half a kilo. So 4 volume units would be 1 liter and 4 weight units would be 1 kilo.
This means that deer has about (exactly) half a ton.[/quote]

The 500ml description was added later by Darkling as well as 2 portions in one bottle, I do believe Whales said that each weight unit is 1/4 pound but tbh it was just a figure and isn’t really supposed to be realistic and to fit with everything, some items have weird weights whatever you think a weight unit in the game is.

at least it is constant on all containers, for example a steel jurycan has 100volume units, equivalent of 25 liters (in description) and contains 100 portions of water. So it makes sense. Also it makes sense that the char’s total carry weight is somewhere below 200 units (50 kilos). Kinda hard to jog with 50kg on, but not impossible. I do not deny that some creatures weights are not realistic though.

To address the confusion regarding units:

1 unit is indeed one quarter of its related metric unit; 1 volume is 250 ml, 1 weight is 250g.

Occasionally this is applied somewhat roughly, but it’s generally within ±125 units.

In any case, corpse weights, and indeed a lot of other weights and volumes, are somewhat wrong.

Addressing and unifying all of this is an ongoing project.