Keeping zombies down for good

Now, burning zombie corpses is fun and all but why can’t we just bash their brains in while they’re out? Or can we? If so, I don’t know how. Methinks the usual smash command would suffice.

Thoughts? Ideas? (I just wanna be able to mash some skulls!)

Stick a firecracker in its mouth, and call him Stewie.

Well, the brain doesn’t do a whole lot of good, but I do like the idea of pulping a zombie corpse while it’s “dead”.

Hmm… if we use the smash action… and have it target corpses when used on your own square… I have an idea :).

[quote=“Soron, post:3, topic:1557”]Well, the brain doesn’t do a whole lot of good, but I do like the idea of pulping a zombie corpse while it’s “dead”.

Hmm… if we use the smash action… and have it target corpses when used on your own square… I have an idea :).[/quote]
Good man. Just make sure to make those skulls a bit tough. Especially for hulks and such >:)

[quote=“Slax, post:1, topic:1557”]Now, burning zombie corpses is fun and all but why can’t we just bash their brains in while they’re out? Or can we? If so, I don’t know how. Methinks the usual smash command would suffice.

Thoughts? Ideas? (I just wanna be able to mash some skulls!)[/quote]
We aren’t dealing with classic zombies, we’re dealing with otherworldly goo that controls dead bodies.
The reanimating goo can repair significant damage, it just can’t repair significant loss of bodily mass, this is why butchering them, burning them, or applying acid works to prevent re-reanimation.
Running over corpses with your vehicle and smashing them apart would be nice alternatives though.

Something’s surely keeping them “alive”. Otherwise we’d be running into flopping libs and such.

Yeah, it’s just localized more in the torso than in the head.

Ah. Well, that makes smashing them to bits even more tricky. Good!

I said, we need groin stakes. I don’t want concrete-filled walls’ accessories, I hope for a crotch embedding. :slight_smile:

Groin stakes poker?

…or you can take a skitterbot, do some programming of your own and have him slice his former owner with his little blades.
We need gofetchmeabeer_bots. And ant-crafting factories, like chinese sweatshops.

Well…Butchering already does this. I mean you cut apart the bloody thing. Imagination people. That hulk just ripped apart my house, I am not cutting it gently.

I want smashing in though.

It could work the exact same as butchering except for the blood splatters and gibs flying every where.
Add states of corpses. Have each state have a different "sound"
Wack
Thack
Thuck
Thush
Shush
ShuNT!
You hit the (surface tile) below.

Or if your weilding a chainsaw:
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRTHTHHTHASKAHFKLASLKAKLHKSJA.

And as of yesterday, this is in! Feel free to run around smashing dead zombies now!

Gonna have a smashing good time after the next nightly build goes up, hopefully. Current one’s suffering from the crashies.

Now we just need to be able to tie them together while they are down, and when they get up watch them stumble over each other and pull the ones on the ground around.

Thus was created Zombie King.