Water sources

so i’ve noticed that water is no longer as easy to obtain in unlimited quantities as before. a couple of questions regarding this:

are swimming pools an inexhaustible source of water, and does the spring or pond in LMOE shelters continue to produce unlimited water?

Yes to both IIRC.

so i guess that makes LMOEs even more desirable.

Sewage treatment plants as well,and usually they are easier to find, and are along the road and away from zombies.

we need to be able to craft a urine recycling device and go hardcore.

[quote=“youtoo, post:5, topic:2821”]we need to be able to craft a urine recycling device and go hardcore.[/quote]Bear Grylls would be proud :smiley:

Obligatory.

i get the challenge to this, but i have always found running and getting water to be a real hassle. i finally have a start where my shelter is right next to a river with water and its a relief. the whole hassle factor with getting water over and over and over and over again is over.

hm it’s not that bad. there’s even swimming pools in cities now for infinite water.

[quote=“youtoo, post:8, topic:2821”]i get the challenge to this, but i have always found running and getting water to be a real hassle. i finally have a start where my shelter is right next to a river with water and its a relief. the whole hassle factor with getting water over and over and over and over again is over.[/quote]a river right next to your shelter eh? heheheh…

Yeah, you’re likely to have swamp-type spawns with that. Sorry. :frowning:

Yeah, you’re likely to have swamp-type spawns with that. Sorry. :-([/quote]
Last game I had giant mozzies on bridges nowhere near swamps. I cried a little inside, as the closest city was across the bridge.

how about balancing the mosquitoes and dragonflies out by making zombie dogs hunt them? i’ve watched my dog spend hours trying to kill a fly that got in the house, there’s gotta be a way to capitalize on that.

Insects should also be horribly terrified by friendly dogs. Would give a reason for befriending one.

[quote=“kilozombie, post:14, topic:2821”]Insects should also be horribly terrified by friendly dogs. Would give a reason for befriending one.[/quote]+9001!!!

Remember, this is cata. most insects are the size of friendly dogs anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, giant fleas and lice.
Your head itches!
comb hair Y/N? Y
You have no giant flea comb!
You feel lightheaded from bloodloss!

Befriend bees, therefore befriend the Radio Bear, and he will play you to the water.
No, really, (m)ount that Bear?
All we need are some wild lillys and seeds ahoy, I mean, if you don’t wanna ride a bear stoned out of his mind from bud honey. I’m thinking dragons now, but let’s wait and see if the stoned beast actually sees one and starts whacking it. Then code away food for dragons.

:smiley:

shelters that spawn near a river tend to be my favorite starts just for convenience. it will be a while before you get in door fire. so you can go just outside and make your water. having to get water constantly, gets really boring.

btw, mansions have pools and generally spawn outside of town. you have to clear them. Downside is that they are large so hard to navigate at night. plus see my post about increasing the number of zombies, its too big to really secure for when the swarm comes.