Want to try Waterworld Cataclysm? Map inside

I’d love to play a modded waterworld, especially in an infinite waterworld map! It’s got to have islands, though, or it’ll be boring.

[quote author=pisskop link=topic=12060.msg268521#msg268521 date=1456355746]

It’s part of a vanilla mod, then. Something to do with more z-levels? Whatever it is, it’ll make an amazing base! If I hadn’t rammed my way straight through all the barricades in the Solar Roller, this place would be impenetrable! And no zombie could ever get you in one of the towers!

and deadly. While morloss man undoubtedly has ways to survive endless seas, new players would dehydrate without anything to scavenge/ use to build water purifier of some sort.

Aint that part of the fun though? Plan is that most spawns would at the very least give you a funnel and a boat of some kind
(There are actually several ways to easily make saltwater potable though)

Yeah of course there’ll be islands. I’m going to tone forests down and overwrite them into sandy islands. Will see If I can turn cities into waterold-like scrap atolls as well.

For now I’ve been busy making most terrain boring water. And doing fishes and their spawns.

Ok thats good. Yeah I know there are various ways to desalinate water, thanks for sharing though always good to know more ways, just in case. Some good ideas in there… not entirely sure they were all FULLY thought out though, I see potential problems with some of them if not done right.

I was only referring to someone dog paddling in the middle of the ocean, or with only the small raft itself. Good to hear you already thought it all out, and are just working in steps.

I tried to make the original post work, but have been unable to replicate this. But if there’s a mod in the works, I might as well wait.

I went to the debug menu and created a 3x3 area of river (center) that was far away then teleported into it, but no appropriate adjecent terrain was generated. What am I missing?

I’d tell you to try to open the map with the mods he said, maybe you missed that!
Sadly i can’t help you with generating one, he posted how, and it looks fairly complicated.

Oh, i’ll definetly try when the mod is out.

(And then perhaps, we can ask PK to add more watery creatures to his mod for more !FUN! )

I made one with the listed method, there’s a huge river_center bloc in the center, generated the four map blocks next to it., turned out pretty interesting. Runs with default mods.
Update: Seems to spawn you at world center despite there being shelters, I need to fix that
Odd, it keeps disregarding the map sections I generated for some reason.

Fixed by shifting the map file names
Shareable Link

Be warned, I generated huge island cities. To the north is the mainland shore (normal gen on north side), to the south and to the west is river/island, east is a mega city with more island in case you want to wander to generate more map sections.