Vehicle part help and a few other questions

So the biggest issue with the forums and searching is the many generic terms. Searching for guides or other things on what vehicle parts do doesn’t help @ all.

So sorry if this has been covered but I couldn’t find it, or any sort of good explanation on where to use some parts.

So I have questions on individual that allow sight/shooting, and doors, some which the wiki doesn’t explain the use for in enough details more than a tag.

I want a side piece for the driver that protects me and yet I can shot through it. I don’t need to open it. If the Zed is on my side I want to be able to blast it while moving. The other driver seat will have an exit. If it has to be a door on both, I can handle that.

1. What is a hatch?
  2. Sliding door? Yes it’s a door but what’s the difference,
  3. trunk door? I don’t see the point in this
  4. shutter door? I don’t see the point in this one either.

A roof. Should I use a normal roof panel, or maybe the first layer in a heavy then a normal?
is the middle area really needing heavy? Gun fire and turret is a linear fire, so it has to blow past the outer defenses. Since the game doesn’t do any arc fire from what I can tell. Or does it help verse aoe like flame throwers? I’m trying to preserve some weight if I can.

(I found a near intact APC except someone stop the controls, so I’m re-working it)

So now to switch topics. Mutagens. I have read how they work kinda on the wiki with tree’s. Somehow early on I got an Elf-A tree with the Peledrawhatever that make your skin like bark over time. Busting safes I found a mutagen and decided what the heck I have purifiers and I drank it, and I’ve got the fey eyes.

I’ve heard there are more related things. If you want to spoiler tag it go ahead. I get the idea that you can ‘switch’ tree’s and you can keep taking things, but I don’t want to take 40 characters to experiment with it. Anyone care to do a short summary for me?

This is the longest I’ve lived, I’m into summer. I’m probably going slow, but it took a while to get mechanics and skills up, and learn some other things about the game. I’ve started in a massive town, 100+ building I think. Most is clear, and I’m now gearing up since I found the Mil comp armor I needed for the vehicle, I have weapons, armor, (even power armor and UPS’s with recharging stations), and I’m going to pile into this thing with the goods and go looking for more fun (like a lab etc).

For the other side I’d like something I can see through for the mirror. Actually. I’d love it if could put a hatch in the middle and mount a mirror there, (aka rear bloody view mirror).

It also would be SOOO nice if in game the tags for ‘interior/exterior’ were visible. It’s pretty clear if your working on a car what components go where IRL. I’ve got up to a 20 in mechanics, by now the game character should have a solid idea of what things do since he can hook 3 engines together.

1) What is a hatch?
Transparent multisquare (I'll explain this later) door with cargo.
2) Sliding door? Yes it's a door but what's the difference,
Transparent multisquare door.
4) shutter door? I don't see the point in this one either.
Same as sliding door, but opaque. INSANELY useful.
3) trunk door? I don't see the point in this
I don't see any point in this either since we have sliding door which is pretty much the same, but I think it was left as is because it'd been created earlier than sliding door so that's backward compatibility. Actually I've never seen any vehicle part to disappear from game. They add them, but don't remove.

When you open some multisquare doors, it will also make every adjanced door of the same kind to open too.

So here’s multisquare door (X - closed multisquare door, @ - player)
XXXXX
@

When you go to the north, it will lead to
OOOOO
@
(O - open multisquare door)

A roof. Should I use a normal roof panel, or maybe the first layer in a heavy then a normal?
You can't place two roofs at the same tile. Or can you? Anyway, it's recommended to put heavy roof near to external parts of car. Also it can used to make vehicle heavier.
is the middle area really needing heavy? Gun fire and turret is a linear fire, so it has to blow past the outer defenses. Since the game doesn't do any arc fire from what I can tell. Or does it help verse aoe like flame throwers? I'm trying to preserve some weight if I can.
Turrets are always placed on the roof.
I've heard there are more related things. If you want to spoiler tag it go ahead. I get the idea that you can 'switch' tree's and you can keep taking things, but I don't want to take 40 characters to experiment with it. Anyone care to do a short summary for me?
When you drink mutagen, some random mutation is selected out of possible. Possible mutations are mutations which are not opposite or mutually opposite to existing ones and have all the conditionals to be added to the list. Most of mutations belong to some category, e.g. feline, beast, chimera, alpha, some don't and can be got at any times given good conditions. Also the random is "weightened" - the more mutations of a category you have the more chance you'll get another one from this category unless there is no possible mutations. Specific mutagen (alpha mutagen, spider mutagen) bypass weight. Serums are supposed to be more powerful mutagen giving you more mutations per resource spent. They also have another important - they can change your race (I don't really know how to call it) and when you have your race changed you get access to some special powerful mutations available only for this class. Purifier can only remove those mutations that you've got while you were playing. Moreover, purifier removes mutation by time - the last mutations you got are chosen to be removed.

Awesome replies thanks.

I may have to update the wiki on vehicle parts to add in the multi door stuff.

(snip-KA101) ...the last mutations you got are chosen to be removed.

If so that’s a bug. Should be a straight random check; some later/post-threshold mutations are non-purifiable, but apart from that anything you get in-game can be targeted for purification.