Unable to start new game in world using extended realistic guns

i received this error

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//realguns/magazine.json: line 2:3: member not found: name

[
{
^

"id": "40_speedloader6",
"copy_from": "40_speedloader6",

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::new_character_tab()
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 696

Go to that file (magazine.json) and open it in a text editor.

Look at the very first entry, it looks like this:

{
    "type": "MAGAZINE",
    "description": "This speedloader can hold 6 rounds of .40 or 10mm Auto and quickly reload a compatible revolver.",
    "ammo_type": "10mm_auto"
  },

Problem is, this item doesn’t have a name, symbol, or color. If you know how to add them, add whatever you want it to be. If you don’t know how to do it, then copy what I have posted below. Paste these lines under the “copy_from”: 40_speedloader6", line.

"name": ".40 speedloader",
    "symbol": "#",
    "color": "light_gray",

I’m not affiliated with the mod, I just added it as I saw necessary. You can change the name or whatever if you want.

In the end, your first entry should look like this:

{
	"name": ".40 speedloader",
	"symbol": "#",
	"color": "light_gray",
    "type": "MAGAZINE",
    "description": "This speedloader can hold 6 rounds of .40 or 10mm Auto and quickly reload a compatible revolver.",
    "ammo_type": "10mm_auto"
  },

This will allow you to create a character without any errors if you’ve done it right.

thank you very much i just deleted my version and updated to the newest experimental version it seems to have fixed it

Ah, https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/29423, I assume fixed that. Didn’t realize just an update would fix it x_x