Training dummy/Practice target?

I can sort of understand that, in the development build you can’t build your archery skill by shooting at a wall, but I feel like, at least to a certain level, you outta be able to train shooting stats outside of actual combat.

just firing a gun trains that skill

afa melee… i would claim theres too much skill gain for most skills as is. too many mons too

but perhaps there is merit to traing [weapon] skill when smashing?

[quote=“pisskop, post:2, topic:12561”]just firing a gun trains that skill

afa melee… i would claim theres too much skill gain for most skills as is. too many mons too

but perhaps there is merit to traing [weapon] skill when smashing?[/quote]

Smashing is generally about applying as much force as possible to a target, and doesn’t train the things weapon skills seem to represent, which is technique and handling skills. Maybe if the gain was extremely low, to make it a viable way to get to skill 1-2 (when your just learning to recover from strikes and what-not) but It’d still feel weird to me.

up to 1-2 I can understand, as thats would be the “how do I even hold this thing?” and confidence levels. Have you ever seen someone pick up an item they never used before? They look SOO awkward 1/2 the time, balance is way off on how its held, if its something with a “right way forward” like an axe or hammer etc… especially the heavier items, they tend to end up 1/4 turn or so by the time the object hits. If they are not used to holding an object in a weapon/smashing fashion, they often swing in such a way that all their joints are out of sync and have almost no power comparatively when it gets there.

So I would understand if that becomes a thing

By the time Im safe enough to craft more than a turban/handwraps/footwraps and cook meat Im well out of melee 1/2.

this looks like a way into a scabbard/sheath

You can get a pet dog, go in to a bathroom with him, wear as many duffel bags and backpacks and whatnot as you can, and wail on the poor guy like you had a bad day at work.

Raises your melee, and whatever weapon you have, plus unarmed.