Too Bright to Sleep in Vehicles

Is anyone else having this problem?

I’m set up in my deathmobile for right now while I build a house, and I’m constantly being woken up by bright light. I used to have the vehicle bed inside a closed compartment in the back, but light somehow kept waking me up, so I moved the bed to the passenger side of the driver’s compartment and went ham with light-blockers. I put a curtain over my single windshield (and closed it), I have opaque doors or heavy duty boards on everything else, there’s a “floor” object on each frame (military seat-UPS Charger-Bed, in that order - it’s a 1x3 interior section), and there’s a roof on each interior tile. I even put an aisle curtain in next to the bed which does block line of sight as it should, but still I get woken up. I’ve done as much Google-fu as I’m capable of and the only solution I’ve come across that works is to just wear a blindfold.

So, is there something weird I’m missing? I can’t think of anything obvious. So far it feels like making sure your vehicle isn’t light-permeable is way more difficult and obtuse than you’d expect it to be, but maybe it’s just me. Any advice?

I don’t think you can make a vehicle totally light impermeable. Just make and wear a blindfold.

Glare Compensators CBM. <- that and sleep wherever you want.

Okay, thanks for the replies. I wasn’t sure if it was player error or not. Considering there are options built into the vehicle building system to block light/LoS, this sounds like an issue that may need to be looked at in the future.

Also any ‘light’ inside a vehicle shows through from the outside. Basically don’t leave the aisle light on either or zombies will see it and wake you up.

Personally, I can easily sleep in daytime or night if I need sleep or I’m tired. It doesn’t ‘need’ to be dark. If your tired you sleep. It feels to me like someone thinks it has to be dark to sleep, which is a bad and incorrect assumption.

While completely enclosed inside a vehicle with doors, curtains, etc. - essentially anything I could weld on to block light - over the course of about a month sleeping in the vehicle, I was awoken every single time I slept through into midday by a “It’s too bright to sleep” warning. This included several occasions where I only slept for roughly 20-30 minutes while Tired/half-way to Dead Tired before being woken up. Once I began to use a blindfold every time I went to sleep, I was never prematurely woken up again.

In short, I didn’t get woken up once and make a knee-jerk assumption. I do my due diligence before I bring something up.

Light will cause you to wake up early though, relevant if you went to sleep in the middle of the night and want to get a full day’s rest instead of waking up at 6am.

Light will cause you to wake up early though, relevant if you went to sleep in the middle of the night and want to get a full day’s rest instead of waking up at 6am.[/quote]

I mean IRL, me. So they base the ideas off some ‘fun’ mechanics with realism. In reality whomever coded it must have issues sleeping if it’s not 100% dark. Most of the adults and other people I know. Sleep when tired. Amount of daylight doesn’t matter. Your body needs the sleep it does so. The only time "too bright’ may be an issue is if there’s a bright light like a lamp shining down on your head. Waking up from noise, sure. From ‘sunrise’? Nah only if I got my required amount of sleep, in which case I’m rested anyways. Which for me is about 6 hrs.

in game I make a blindfold and carry it with the rollmat, because I have too.

Light will cause you to wake up early though, relevant if you went to sleep in the middle of the night and want to get a full day’s rest instead of waking up at 6am.[/quote]

I mean IRL, me. So they base the ideas off some ‘fun’ mechanics with realism. In reality whomever coded it must have issues sleeping if it’s not 100% dark. Most of the adults and other people I know. Sleep when tired. Amount of daylight doesn’t matter. Your body needs the sleep it does so. The only time "too bright’ may be an issue is if there’s a bright light like a lamp shining down on your head. Waking up from noise, sure. From ‘sunrise’? Nah only if I got my required amount of sleep, in which case I’m rested anyways. Which for me is about 6 hrs.

in game I make a blindfold and carry it with the rollmat, because I have too.[/quote]

In the game, you only wake up from light if you’re “tired” or better. When you’re “dead tired” or more, you sleep in light just fine. Considering that “tired” actually gives no penalties that I can find (basically just meaning you’re tired enough to sleep, but not so tired that you NEED to sleep), that sounds about right.