Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

Avoid perfect circles of dirt in fields or other places

I’m only driving around my zippy little electric 4x4 with two cargo spaces. I limit what I take so I’ve got some room for all the loot I haul back. My larger beast I tend to leave at home on these runs.

Still, a few pills and some emergency purifier wouldn’t take up much space :slight_smile:

Replace them with some hauling spaces instead, if you’re using a 4x4 you got plenty of room to put even more than just 2.

t. Hoarder
mass

Is there any way to ‘drip feed’ bionics that generate power with liquid fuel through an external supply or will I have to always refill it manually?

Can I break down concrete walls and sealed metal doors in a lab with a entrenching tool or makeshift hammer?

Can you down a reinforced concrete wall with a shovel in real life?

How do you deal with warmth in Summer? It seems it’s much more of a problem in 0.E.
Other than going around naked and get torn apart by zombies, what strategy can one use?

Right now I’m going to try night raids with infrared googles, sleeping during the day.

Ready to face two feral predators while effectively blind from being boomered over? )

It’s a literal pain. Internal Climate Control CBM can help a lot, there are also the chainmail armor pieces which are really good, most of them are 10 encumbrance (fits) with 10bash/10cut and 0 warmth.

Problem is you’ll need 7 fabrication and to find one of the books with the recipe.

Some clothing options with 0 warmth that are at least better than going naked: camo tank top, low top tennis shoes, ankle socks, hot pants, elbow pads, knee pads, medical gloves and survival duffel bag or backpack for 0 warmth bags.

1 Like

Can I make an NPC follower actually wait for me somewhere without the ‘guard’ command? Because with that they ignore settings like ‘only attack if your life is in danger’ and instead run and hunt down enemies.

Also do NPC’s ‘cheat’ in combat in regards to stamina usage or is there some other quirk I should keep in mind when equipping them? Can they be taught fighting styles? Tried to give mine a book on ninjutsu but she didn’t want to read that.

That seems to be from the Aftershock mod which I isn’t installed. The second seat I keep for roleplay purposes. I have about 8 NPCs atm and I figure I should make a pretence of caring about their comfort and safety.

Any extras go in the boot though and hang on tight. I built this thing for scouting runs not for major scavenging runs.

Based on my experience:

1. No
  2. Yes
  3. No

Oh wow I didn’t even realize. Some of the QoL stuff in Aftershock just feel necessary. Without 1500 volume containers I don’t see how one can even make a mobile base, just materials take up a fuckton of space.

Thanks. Found a command that tells them to not open doors, going to try locking her in my car next time without putting on guard duty.

Wait, you’re telling me you’re not literally dying and receive bodily injuries if strolling outside in shorts when it’s 30c?

Internal Climate Control is saving my soul. Without it I would be a sweaty mess. The heat penalties aren’t very realistic right now. Walking around butt naked bar a tactical backpack in 25 degrees Celsius should not lead to a person hallucinating from the heat…

1 Like

Well it depends if I’m wearing top to toe metal chainmail or not. Metallic armour is well known for its cooling properties in direct sunlight!

Shorts on the other hand…

It appears that humans don’t sweat in CDDA :thinking:

Maybe they’re canadian. :rofl:

Also found that, no, with 12 str and wielding a Homewrecker with 35 blunt damage, does NOT break down concrete walls nor sealed metal doors. However, this combo can break open reinforced glass walls.

“You don’t seem to be doing damage.” Doesn’t mean “wait for a crit”, it seems.

Those metal doors are faster with an acetylene torch, and from what i have seen, a mining tool (like a pickaxe or jackhammer) can break basically anything, just remember that concrete walls have another layer of reinforcer rebar when you mine them

The heat penalties aren’t very realistic right now.

Eh, good to know that I wasn’t just whining about this, then! :stuck_out_tongue:

Since my question went unnoticed I’m asking again, politely :slight_smile: