Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

Okay, how does using CBMs from corpses work now? I’ve been getting nothing but faulty filthy CBMs from my dissections. When (a)ctivating them the text mentions the CBM needs to be resetted. Are these the equivalent as fried CBMs? If they can be salvageable, what else do I need to do to use them?

1 Like

I think there’s an option in the item menu to repair them or you can repair with soldering iron.

Also you need to disinfect them in autoclave + autoclave pouch.

1 Like

Hey guys, is there a way to reduce lag on android? My game run smooth on old version. in newest its very laggy its need 2 sec for character to move. Thanks

Do you have a lot of NPC’s and items nearby?

Because the game accounts for everything an npc could do with those items without really doing anything with them, which can make the game very laggy

Im playing game without npc and i was in the middle of nowhere

I also find out that long actions like reading and construction becomes very slow. It’s not laggy - when you press “.” it quickly responds with a prompt to stop the action - but it is just slow as if you are manually pressing “.” to wait out the action.

1 Like

Often it seems the problem is associated with the z levels at least for me. I have experimental z levels on and anytime i sleep next to a lab it takes 20 to 30 minutes to get thru the night. Big buildings with multi levels also slow the game especially the apartment towers.

1 Like

That certainly could be one of the many situations that may lead to the slowing.

When the slowing happens I was in remote one-level farm house. And it doesn’t slow down every time, but only occasionally.

1 Like

Yeah, its true…after i turn off Z level lag reduced into playable,but it will lag again if i close to bridge. dont know why

1 Like

What focus used to? And how to generate it? Sometimes i jush have 15 focus on my char

1 Like

Focus is used to determine the percentage of xp you get when you train. So 15 gives you i beleive 15% of the experience you would normally get. To get focus you need to have good morale for a period of time. The higher the better. So once you reach i high level of focus like 115 then ypu get 115% experience for grinding a skill.

2 Likes

Is that affect accuracy too?

1 Like

Accuracy? Not as far as I know, or have seen. But it affects your crafting, xp gain, and ability to “focus” while learning from a book.

Killing zombie children, butchering humans, pain, and rain are the most common corrosive causes to my character’s morale. Followed by either being sick, hungry, or thirsty. Sleep deprivation can lead to it indirectly as well.

1 Like

Okay,last question. How healing works right now? Last time i play it just need sleep and hitpoints increase…right now when i sleep HP didnt increase

1 Like

Restoring HP thru sleeping is far slower now. You’re going to need bandages, first aid kits, disinfectant, what have you. You also need to stay healthy by eating and sleeping right. Otherwise infections take hold more often, HP recovers slower, etc

2 Likes

Unbandaged wounds will take virtually forever to heal.

Bandaged wounds heal, but quite slowly, at least until you get your first aid skill high enough to bandage them more effectively than ‘poor’ (or you use something better than makeshift bandages).

Under otherwise optimal circumstances, a limb that’s down to a sliver can take at least 4 full days to heal back to full, assuming you change the bandages regularly and don’t get injured at all in the meantime.

Once your first aid skill gets pretty high, and you can afford the resources to use proper bandages most of the time so that you’re getting ‘Very Good’ bandaging quality, you can generally get these healing times down to around 2 full days - but there is no more instant healing at all, AFAIK.

So get used to making a LOT of makeshift bandages in the early game, and changing them regularly to keep yourself healing decently. On the plus side, this does certainly help you improve your first aid skill faster w/o books if you don’t have any.

2 Likes

Wow,thanks for the detail information! My last char died tho because accidentically run into 556 turrets lol

1 Like

Bandaging and disinfecting together will give you the best heal times, so as soon as it’s possible, you want to do both.
Cattail jelly is good for early game survivors, only needs a couple of points of survival to craft, and it’s a decent disinfectant.

2 Likes

Is that possible throwing something while peeking??

1 Like

Yes, but not up or down stairs.

1 Like