Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

That is odd. I’m on PC, just updated last night. I spent a few hours (days in game) reading and cooking while I recovered from a severe beatdown from some Secronom zombies. My faithful brazier was keeping me warm the whole time, that firewood spot is great stuff. I’ll have to track down some condoms, I didn’t realize they could hold so much n my main issue right now is lack of water storage. I keep having to run the gauntlet to a public pool a few tiles away to fill up all my jugs and bottles. It’s really slowing down my healing. Thanks for the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, it was 15 water instead of 16, but still super useful as they can be reused, and the firewood spot ironically hasn’t worked at all, my character just never throws planks into the brazier now. And the water glitch seems to have some interesting effects, if I press “space” to ignore whatever random thing it pulls from my inventory as a null or incomplete recipe then it brings me to a screen where I can use toola that don’t have charges.

Even for the latest build of today ( 10 pm (east.?), 18-7-19) I’m still having braziers go out at random, even with one object in it, I’m guwssing it’s either because fire go out as soon as they don’t have fuel, or because burnt objects don’t catch fire unless burned again.

Probably because of a change to nerf fires from burning everything in a building fire, even if planks are considered fuel

1 Like

I have the same thing with the tools occassionally. Had to hold my 2 button for 5 minutes to finish my pneumatic assault rifle today, since it kept bringing up the tool selection menu.

I also stumbled upon a car wreck that allows me to get infinite planks and fire extinguishers.

The cargo spaces appear as empty, but you can get stuff from them nonetheless. You get an error at pickup, but the planks/fire extinguisher still get placed in your inventory. Repeat ad nauseum, though it’s very scummy and it’s not like I need the wood since I’m based in an apartment tower.

The start there is so good, you can train your skills into 7-8 range without leaving the building, and there isn’t that many zombies there. Just stay away from the ground floor and the roof until you get some basic weapons and armor.

1 Like

What exactly does activating power armor do? Found a set of basic power armor, grabbed a UPS, and turned it on. Other then eating the power like mad, whats up?

Decreased encumberance , climate control and full enviromental protection iirc.

1 Like

It also lets you do a Space Marine impression :slight_smile:

does anyone know the reason to change the rock?

I believe it’s faster to haul items rather than the old fashing way of moving items around with advamced inventory, as advanced inventory picks every item up individually and placed the in the new spot, making it about 2-3 turns for each item, while hauling moves it to about 1-2 turns every time you move and item

I thought it was the other way, hauling took more time since it worked like pick up from tile, temporaly put in your inventory, then put them on the other tile.

And i thought there would be something like a rock thrower or someting, they have a pretty nice 15 damage now.

It’s basically the same thing with with advanced inventory, trust me if yiu trying both at an exact time,usually they’ll either be almost the same time or haul will be faster, I thought that advanced would’ve been faster but I was wrong

Advanced:
Ground -> Inventory -> Ground
Haul:
Ground -> Ground

hello guys…is stats through kills working? What exactly does it do?

It is working. You’ll be able to press enter on your stats (str, dex,etc) in status screen to increase them. Kills accumulate experience towards stat point increases. I’m not sure exactly where experience shows in-game, but I know it’s listed on your kills list when you die, might be there in-game as well.

Interesting. I just did some testing on a semi-recent experimental (almost a month) and these are my numbers, hauling diagonally with circular distances to maximize the time thus differences, using lots of small items, and a couple big heavy ones.

100 scrap metal (5kg, 2.5L)
Moving two squares via hauling: 4.5 seconds **
Moving two sqaures via AIM: 1 second
2 v12 engines (620kg, 30L)
Moving two squares via hauling: 20 seconds
Moving two squares via AIM: 17 seconds

** I found out it was 4.5 seconds when I hauled it back to do the AIM test and the total time was 9 seconds.

There may have been hauling/AIM changes since that version, I’m syncing and recompiling, I may test again if time permits, possibly tomorrow.

Even if haul is slower i still prefer it for the saved key presses.

Yeah, I agree, hauling is awesome, and it is much faster than hauling on Unreal World. But still, there shouldn’t be any reason for hauling to take longer than using the advanced inventory. If they are consistently different, I believe it is worth a bug report so that they can both use the same numbers.

Or maybe an explanation is that with the inventory you are picking up an item and placing it somewhere, instead of just bulk dragging it, since you can move items across windows with it, while haul can’t.

Cool I’ll try it out. Thnx!

Do you guys know what the “Toggle skill training” (default keybind enter) command in the character screen does?

You can use to prevent a skill you don’t want to train from eating you focus. Driving is the most common skill to get turned off since it eats a lot of focus for no real benefit.

5 Likes

Ah, that’s pretty useful, thanks! Yeah, it would certainly speed things up, so If I drive somewhere I can start killing right away instead of waiting my focus to go up again.

Any way to get NPCs to cut planks?

Now that cutting planks takes 20 game minutes, the real time has expanded a ton (mainly because it’s hard to cut 800 planks anywhere except the base, which runs slow anyway. Carrying the logs to the quicker-running crafting basement is a hassle.).

Seems like NPCs should be able to split logs themselves. Am I just missing the option for them to do it? Crosses fingers