Throwing debate

No idea, but I assume fairly low skill, since it seemed to be a earlygame concern. Reducing the exp rate for throwing seems like a good fix for that though, especially considering how slowly most other combat skills go up.

Centrefire bows can be more accurate, but most modern bows still deal with arrow flex, it’s just a matter of getting arrows of the right flexibility for the poundage of your bow. The reason people are more accurate now is mostly down to sights and material quality.

Sounds good to me.

Martial arts are still martial arts, not proficiency with particular weapons. If you can find a real world martial art that specifically uses axes or javelins, make it for the game. That’d be awesome.

Exactly. Codewise I don’t see how you could limit weapon use to something specific and I don’t think martial arts is the way to go about it. Possibly traits, like the one for marshals? A sling proficiency trait?

It’s not that they don’t fit, it’s just that lategame an A7 rifle with a pile of bionic power and a metabolic interchange CBM kicks the crap out of a pile of throwing axes, or whatever the equivalent throwing weapon would be.

In that case torn flesh isn’t going to make any difference either, and arrows tear flesh better than rocks. Bones might be a problem, but if we limit damage to anything that breaks bones suddenly 99% of weapons are useless.

Those sling bullets aren’t pebbles, and I’m not convinced they were as powerful as a .44. Not from Daily Mail, anyway. I suppose you could have a martial art to boost sling damage, but that seems like a buff for the sake of a buff. It’s not really a martial art so much as proficiency with a weapon.

Throwing arts would be even more random. One for each type of throwing weapon? Of which we have all of 3? 4?

A martial art just for tomahawks seems arbitrary, and I don’t see how you could have multiple throwing styles.