The Real Lategame

The pre-Cataclysm Earth didnt manage to resist blob, the Old Guard cant resist blob, the Exodii gave up a long time ago, what makes you think MC will be able to?

I think late game should be like tetris late game, the game slowly becomes more and more hostile but doesnt really change fundamentally, only the ability of player to react to hostility slowly wanes. As time passes factions slowly expand and what used to be vast wilderness and ruins peppered with enemy outposts here and there becomes big patches of hostile land with narrow strips of neutral or contested ground in between. Blob is lorewise the big bad so eventually it prevails over all, consuming all biomass into humongous amorphous slimes as big as mountains. The aliens will flee, the mycus may form cocoons to hide from blob, the triffids will burrow through the ground or something, the player will be left to roam barren land with what food remains preserved in his deathmobile and using irreplaceable ammo and plutonium cells for his power armor just to stay alive, besieged by monstrosities 24/7, desperate for sleep. All those attempting to farm or build lasting settlements will have to spend tons of ammo daily to gun down waves of swarming horrors just to get their harvest of cabbage out of land they defend. Early game is easy because you live off the stuff left behind by billions. Late game you must sustain yourself with far less against far more.

1 Like

I like this idea. Slime pits, fungal blooms, and triffid groves should over time spawn new ones around themselves on the overmap.

1 Like

This is definitly the late gameplay I hope for. A completly alien enviroment, endless horrrors, Scarce and dwindling resources, and a similar dwindling hope for any kind of future.

Maybe the only salvation would be to just abandon ship like the Exodii and jump to the next alternate earth, and start the process all over again. (New game plus)

1 Like

That kind of already happens, all factions slowly expand just not on overmap. I think overmap doesnt change after mapgen at all, would be nice if you could alter it somehow other than by placing notes down.

There is also more potential in the evolution. Make it so that:

zombie speed = base speed * ( 1 + number of year since cataclysm)
zombie hp = base hp * (1 + number of year since cataclysm)
fungus / triffid hp = base hp * (1 + number of year since cataclysm)
all normal fauna eventually evolve into giant or zombie version

Then even the strongest character will meet great challenges as time passes by and no character will be able to survive more than a few years.

That’d be nasty though considering how evolved the zombies will be by that point. Animals already either mutate or get zombified I think, dunno what triffids get as time goes by currently, or plants.

To me, a big part of what makes the game what it is is that it’s a sandbox with no win state.

That’s not to say you couldn’t add late game things as suggested, but I don’t think it suffers without them.

The Goal of the Game is to ???
BUSTY! NAKED AND AFRAIDE
FEMAILE STR 12, AGI 8, PER. 8, INT 8
TOUGH, INFEDIABLE, FLEET FOOTED, ROBUST GENETICS, TOUGH FEET
FORGETFUL, HEAVY SLEEPER, TRUTH TELLER

You start naked, get some drip, an ax, knife, bat, etc… and guns…

Get yo xyz together and roam!

Figure it out and build a tank, do some role playing where ya dress up ya npc with good drip. ??? Make a harem? COLLECT all unique items

Get your naked selfies with eveything that lives!

Litterally make a private army by gathering a squad in your armored mobile rv base
Drip them in army gear and armor, guns and ammo…
Do a firing squad!

???/
Mutate, regret it!

DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH
or not
it happens ofent enough I though they would die but I learned enough aboout how to run away and live.

Never be a weak character, sorry we got long term battle plans

Go weak character and live things out farmer style grandma

Burry a king??? That ones a challange ya need to find a npc who naturally has like 16STR+ give them all the drip to be a king. Sword, Armor, Crown and burryn them in a place that matters when they do die.

Bed with a shed

The Giant car

The Tank that has motorcycles built into the walls/ Greentank when its solar powered

Take a vacation and have fun reading books and cooking nice things with music.

???

Is a gud game, taught me to get some sleep I like keeping my chars alive

Also the new skill masteries are cool, I gotten quite a few but mastering them all is ???

Rope making… Why would I make a rope ever… I could… I guess
And piloting is cool in theory but I gotta start with it.

I Personally Enjoy Adventure full off exploration

I have played the game for many years now and even made my own Little mod
So I know a little bit about how difficult It can be and I am very grateful for the new stuff people are putting in

To me the game is about having fun That’s quite Obvious but everyone needs to find there own fun to me Exploration Adventure challenges losing is fun and doing missions for other mpcs very often is about that

There is not many open world Rogue like games I know I have played early versions of Caves of cod and Adventure Mode in Dwarf Fortress compared to those games this has a lot of Direction

Anyways in shorter terms I am really grateful for people smarter den Me making This Beautiful game