The Cries of the world

[b]The end is here, but it isn’t just new england.
The whole world is dying, and people are struggling to survive.
They see dark days ahead of them, and whatever past they had, is fading away.

You hear the cries of the world around you[/b]

Post how the cataclysm would be like where you currently are, and let your cries be heard!

I live in a lake community in Indiana. It’s not a rural area, but it’s mainly summer houses on lakes. I have neighbors, but there is a lot of breathing room between us.

The terrain is really steppe-y, with lakes doting the area. Lots of hills, lots of woods.

Not the worst place to be in an apocalypse, I guess haha.

I live in a little run-down town in the middle of Ohio. The world could end and it’d take us a year to realize it. A fair amount of the locals are on crack, some meth, others are moderately well-off people who wanted lakefront property but didn’t want to spend a lot of money.

Lots of dogs, lots of crack, lots of guns with missing serial numbers, lots of rain, broken down cars aren’t too rare, hell a few months back one burst into flames…

…When did I move to New England?

I live in a center of megapolis with more than 15 millions of people. I’m doomed

I live in Australia. Everything is already trying to kill me, now they’ll just be the size of a small car. My outlook is cautiously optimistic.

aaaaaaaannnd new signature quote… XD

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:3, topic:4452”]I live in a little run-down town in the middle of Ohio. The world could end and it’d take us a year to realize it. A fair amount of the locals are on crack, some meth, others are moderately well-off people who wanted lakefront property but didn’t want to spend a lot of money.

Lots of dogs, lots of crack, lots of guns with missing serial numbers, lots of rain, broken down cars aren’t too rare, hell a few months back one burst into flames…

…When did I move to New England?[/quote]

Sounds like my old town before i moved to the Cincinnati area. Problem is its entirely suburbs and most streets are clogged to begin with, my survival chance is pretty low considering the largest piece of weaponry i have is a BB gun in the basement.

I live in Croatia, in a big city on the coast. Judging by the large amounts of skinheads and people with guns, the zombies don’t stand a chance.

Well I’m in New Zealand. But in the capital of the North Shore, as some call it.
Wish I lived on a farm. Out in the middle of nowhere, and I would be rather safe, if the world was like Cataclysm. And scary.
However, where I am, I don’t think I would be safe. Hell, anyone can get into my house easily as it is. Don’t think it would stop a Zombie, I’d just be surprised if a zombie could maneuver around the house, haha.
-Z steps on spiked floor for 3 damage- This would probably happen. Even when I get up in the morning, I step on nails, at least once every couple of days.

If the cataclysm hit right now I should be ok. I am working on the assumption cold slows zombies down though. Regardless, I might have few enough neighbours that a careful, methodical and ruthless applications of force could allow me to survive the immediate aftermath. Rather soon I would have to risk the local mall to scavenge non-perishable food. In the long term my lack of survival skills might get me. My greatest concern is that if my glasses break, I am doomed.

Note to self: inquire about durable glasses when I visit an optician.

Salto, Uruguay I’m glad to live in a zone no one knows it exists. :smiley:

I really would not survive a lot, i am in the freaking middle of the city. The good point is that all the houses are close to each other, my house is really hard to get into, and my backyard has ALL THE TOOLS IN EXISTENCE, courtesy of my grandfather. Let’s craft!

Frankly, it depends. Assuming I stay inside my apartment on the third-floor, I’d probably survive a few months. If at any point in time (for whatever reason) I have to go to the streets; It’d be approximately… a minute. Such is the danger of living in a heavily congested area where on the best weekends there are traffic jams all 'round you.

Although I will probably stay in my own apartment which whilst having a really weak wooden front door, is protected by a very strong chain-link slide thingy with a padlock. There are mountains of cans in the balcony where I also keep all of my tools, wood, and reserve water. Yes, I keep emergency food and water. :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t really want to be caught off-guard by a war or somethin’.

I’m handy with a hammer, can sew, and don’t really need much to entertain myself except a mere pen and paper. Although not being able to cook anything except eggs could be a bit of a problem…

i live on one of the Virginia peninsulas, so i’m surrounded by a lot of swamp and water, so if the apocalypse is exactly how it is in CDDA then i am completely screwed.

I’m in the middle of Milwaukee, so all comments about inner-city doom apply, though if I were fast enough there might be some way to get out of town, but not in winter as it’s regularly 20F out right now, so I’m in no shape to survive outside for any length of time.
After the new year I’ll be moving to Seattle, so population-based threats are even worse, but the weather is better :stuck_out_tongue:

Zombie cows everywhere, along with feral dogs (plenty already tbh). Plenty of farms (which we know are great bases) and shotguns with hand presses for ammo (vanilla shot is salt rounds - hurt like fuck but wont slow zombies down much). Much rotten milk, but also delicious cheese. I’m in a populated area but would be able to hit country side with a half an hour walk.

• Suburban NW England

Southern New England here, unfortunately sandwiched with large cities in just about every direction, but trapped in deep suburbia for ~20 minutes in any direction. I could probably get by without too much trouble in my surrounding area, but too much noise would alert a lot of zombies. It would most likely be best to get out of town, but as I mentioned any fast route would involve going through a major city.

I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina In a normal-small city called “Lanus” (anus lol) And here every house have a front garden with a metal grate and then another in the door and the windows. So defence is easy. And there is alot of factories,garages and groceries stores close to my home. No weapons :frowning:

I live in Israel on the outskirts of the ~240 000 town.
There are a lot of soldiers and weapons around here (in the 15 minutes there is a huge army base), so in cause of apocalypse I will be well protected, or I will have to defend mycelf from tons of Zombie soldiers or (Israel’s special) Zombie Rabbies.

ZZZZZZ[color=black]Z [/color][color=yellow]d[/color] . . . @ (

I live in Indiana as well. Despite living in a large town (metropolis shrugs) I’m quite well armed with several bolt action rifle(Mosin-Nagants), shotguns(One Remington 870, 2 split loaders.), and my personal pistol ( Zastava). With enough ammo for all of them and plenty to spare. I’d aim to bug-in and wait for shit calm down before heading north to Michigan,then Canada, then back to my homelands in Scotland.

Zavasta reminds me of this book I read where the main char’s last name was Zavasta.

[b]Monster hunter International/b by… Grabs book Larry Crorria(? The book’s cover is messed up).