The Cataclysm Diaries: ability to write a journal in-game

[quote=“Cherry, post:39, topic:5033”]I personally don’t see the point of writing messages on areas with a marker.
I use the map notes instead.

Can’t wait till a developer finds some time to make a LOGBOOOOOOOOOOOK!!![/quote]

Map notes do not persist if you die. Basically.

[quote=“Soyweiser, post:41, topic:5033”][quote=“Cherry, post:39, topic:5033”]I personally don’t see the point of writing messages on areas with a marker.
I use the map notes instead.

Can’t wait till a developer finds some time to make a LOGBOOOOOOOOOOOK!!![/quote]

Map notes do not persist if you die. Basically.[/quote]yeah, imagine, your character dies, and then your next character comes along and finds your logbook on your last char’s corpse. the fucking awesome is strong in this idea.

Memorials.

Do memorials keep the map?

The save folder keeps maps. Imagine that.

No, the map notes.

Please add logbooks. I love logbooks. I’ll give you monies if you add logbooks.

This is the kind of stuff that everyone wants, everyone likes, everyone agrees, no one gives a fudge, no one fights to get it added, no dev gets it added, no one complains, me cries.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:48, topic:5033”]This is the kind of stuff that everyone wants, everyone likes, everyone agrees, no one gives a fudge, no one fights to get it added, no dev gets it added, no one complains, me cries.[/quote]the pessimism is strong in this one.

give it time, it’ll get added.

I’m just wondering how to add it in a nice way. Might do so later to night. No promises.

I want to write the first post-apocalyptic romance novel.
Also writing should give +1 morale for however long you are doing it.

I’m currently just working on stuff to get you all killed!

(by segfaults mostly :wink: )

“You jot down your thoughts regarding the end of all living things.” +20 morale!!!

But logbooks?

You title your romance novel “My girlfriend is a child zombie”.

You title your journal “Logbook”.
How exciting! (packmule trait) morale + 40

[quote=“Cherry, post:55, topic:5033”]You title your romance novel “My girlfriend is a child zombie”.

You title your journal “Logbook”.
How exciting! (packmule trait) morale + 40[/quote]
The sad part is I actually thought about writing this.

Damn, not senior. And I just fixed it.

A well…

deletes code

It would be funnier if the “Pls” would get bigger every time you posted :slight_smile:

Not enough pls. request ignored. :stuck_out_tongue: