The base life and defending it

One of my easier mobile base designs went like this:

(Picture to be added when I extract its wreckage from the gut of a fungal bloom)

It was an RV that I’d expanded by three tiles vertically and one tile horizontally (I just seem to spend a lot less time running into walls I didn’t want damaged with cars that are longer than they are wide). And pretty much what everyone recommends for a mobile base-namely cooking, welding, and food preservation implements, and stronger frames and plating. The only weird thing I managed to add was a “wine cork” bumper made of spiked and hard plating.

I thought it might help in securing big buildings with very few entrances-by ramming (and of course destroying) the door/s and getting out of a door in front while the hard shell of the reinforced RV kept critters from flooding the place. Then I’d storm, loot, and retreat. The Cork had a V8 engine and one V6 both under the seats, so it could back into a horde and get out barely dented running.

Holy shit, Arek, that’s a LOT of jerky
Why[/quote]
gotta have enough jerky for winter mate. Wait, I’m probably the only one who plays with 100 day seasons. Start in fall, and its bastard hard. But, on topic, fortified gas station 10-12 tiles out of a city is good enough for me. Just need a place for some R&R you know. Books, sewing, good meals, usually spend a whole month after the initial first week loot binge reading and training, to get more loot on my next run.

Holy shit, Arek, that’s a LOT of jerky
Why[/quote]
gotta have enough jerky for winter mate. Wait, I’m probably the only one who plays with 100 day seasons. Start in fall, and its bastard hard. But, on topic, fortified gas station 10-12 tiles out of a city is good enough for me. Just need a place for some R&R you know. Books, sewing, good meals, usually spend a whole month after the initial first week loot binge reading and training, to get more loot on my next run.[/quote]
Twelve tiles outside of a city is pretty close, let my photo show you how REAZ PLAZZER DOES ITZ WITH MAX PRO 1337 SKILLZ YO

GET DEEPER OR ELSE I’LL FORCE FEED YOU BEEF JERKY!

Tinhead has given you Beef Jerky x60
Your backpack is ripped apart!
Your flying!
You hear a explosion to the North
Your blunt has gone out.

Best base is basement.

Small power stations make wonderful starter bases, FYI.

i play on 100 day seasons too (start at winter but i created this world before temperature insanity) its nice challenge and winter allow to wear good armor alslo food do not rot too quickly so i have time to get to my base and create more jerky

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:16, topic:7237”]yea but its hard to carry 80000 or more of volume in car (this will be realy heavy and you need 80 cargo carriers[/quote] When the hell do you need 80000 storage space!?

I like to live in the subway and use a pickaxe to connect it to the sewer. Never have to travel above ground again.

i play on 100 day seasons too (start at winter but i created this world before temperature insanity) its nice challenge and winter allow to wear good armor alslo food do not rot too quickly so i have time to get to my base and create more jerky[/quote] I play with 88 day seasons, which give or take a few days from how long an actually year is.

Sorry to respond to an old post but I was reading this thread and came upon Arek_PL’s 3rd post on the first page. Googled “saphrofagus” and it turns out nobody else in the world has misspelled sarcophagus that badly.

Maybe because English isn’t his first language, new scrub.

No excuse - we have spellcheckers built into pretty much every browser now.

Imagine a sarcophagus coming alive and becoming a saprophage.

Everyone who’s complaining of grammer, just fucking stop it.
Right now, just stop it.
We don’t need people complaining of other people’s grammer, that’s what reddit does.
And we’re not REDDIT!!!

Hey look, new Inadequate. If not, by Coolthulu’s post I’m guessing he can be the backup?

The Polski dude doesn’t have bad grammar but bad spelling, this is weird since it should get underlined as wrong by your browser.

Unless he’s using another language locale/software and doesn’t have dictionary support for English.
Switch to English bro, it’s the lingua franca of the internet.

i have spell checker in my google chrome but nearly every word in other language than polish if someone know how to fix this can send me pm with a tutorial

sorry for all these mistakes what i make

It’s alright, Arek.

Don’t feel bad Arek, you’re not the only one who the CDDA forum has jumped on for bad grammar/spelling, I used to not capitalize the beginning of my sentences and most words, but now I type properly.