Taking Prisoners

Since this seems to be a thread for random ideas semi-related to NPCs, and although I doubt this will be in ANY time soon, maybe we could have a completly working power grid? like the gov. shut off the pwr plants, and each city has it’s own? And if you turn the power on, while more Zs appear, you also have NPCs that migrate into your town, and help build defences/defend the town? Because I think that would be awesome.

The power grid thing has been suggested a million times. The answer that usually gets given is “not on any serious scale”. So, you might be able to get solar panels powering a small block of houses for a settlement, but not an entire city.

Some way you actually incapacitate people/creatures would be nice though.

I tend to run either some sort of Lawman or Researcher archetype and both would have good reason not to be slaughtering everything/one just because it happens to be the most ‘convenient’ outcome.

I mean, a version or so ago I was running a knight in full plate with broadsword and I had some loony run up and try to bean me repeatedly over the helmet with BAR OF GOLD! Sadly had to put the poor woman down because she simply wouldn’t quit… but it really seemed like the sort of situation that a stun gun, some thorazine and a hot can of soup exchanged with some counseling through bars couldn’t have handled.

What could really peak my interest would be the ‘fortress mode’ to our adventure mode. Recruiting NPCs to the point that you can unlock a camp/settlement mode and start taking on the end of the world with a grander goal beyond 'don’t wake up dead tomorrow."