Style discussion!

Forgive me if I’m the only one that thinks about this, but I’ve got a [size=12pt]fashion[/size] conundrum.

Here’s what I’m wearing:

What I’ve found out are these stats:

So, question is, do I want to wear this:

Or this:

Feel free to post your own getups, will discuss! :smiley:

Oversight in total resistance. The football helmet is still far heavier.

Though keep in mind that since one is plastic and the other is kevlar, the plastic football helmet will wear out much faster than the kevlar football helmet will.

And this has been PR’ed, thank you!

Ha, fair enough, but I think I found something better than both. Just acquired a copy of “Studies in Historic Armorsmithing”…take a look:

With those ballistic glasses, I will soon very much resemble judge dredd.

Yep that’s from my big blacksmithing expansion.

It’s a nice alternative to the fancy modern helmets. A bit on the heavy side and rather rare, if you can’t make one yourself.

Kudos sir!

pst, hey, while you’re at it, can I bring to your attention the volume of the katana? It’s 16, compared to the broadsword’s 7; seems like an oversight.

Reinforced Suit
Reinforced M. Rucksack
Reinforced Bike Helmet
Reinforced Filter Mask
Reinforced Safety G’s

Reinforced Wrist Watch

[quote=“GrizzlyAdamz, post:5, topic:3258”]Kudos sir!

pst, hey, while you’re at it, can I bring to your attention the volume of the katana? It’s 16, compared to the broadsword’s 7; seems like an oversight.[/quote]

To be technical, a broadsword is a one-handed flat blade that’s comparatively short.

A katana is a long, curved blade intended to be wielded with two hands.

A baseball bat has a volume of 12, and a sledgehammer has a volume of 16 for comparison. It’s not that the Katana has too much, I think you’re probably imagining a greatsword or something two-handed when you’re thinking of the broadsword, which was a short wide blade meant for one-handed slashing and thick stabs.

[quote=“vultures, post:6, topic:3258”]Reinforced Suit
Reinforced M. Rucksack
Reinforced Bike Helmet
Reinforced Filter Mask
Reinforced Safety G’s

Reinforced Wrist Watch[/quote]
Hey, who needs shoes when we can reinforce our watches?

[quote=“An0n3, post:7, topic:3258”][/quote]
Terms for ‘broadsword’ & the like are very much on the floozy side, but I’m inclined to believe the version represented in this game is the traditional generic ‘sword’ we all know.
I also think ‘volume’ is more a measure of encumberment, while weight is true size.

Raw data:

[size=12pt]Broadsword:[/size]
v7 w2.5
b8 c35
sp115

[size=12pt]Rapier:[/size]
v6 w2.2
b5 c28
sp105
[size=12pt]
Machete:[/size]
v8 w1.2
b6 c28
sp105

[size=12pt]“Forged Sword”:[/size]
A common short sword, forged from several pieces of steel. The pointy end is the dangerous one.
V8 w.7
b4 c28

[size=12pt]Katana:[/size]
v16 w2.5
b4 c45
sp115

More numbers+pictures:

[size=12pt]Awl pike: [/size]
v14 w17.6
b8 c50
sp254

[size=12pt]Zweihander: [/size]
v20 w7
b15 c40
sp197

If volume = encumberment, how would stowing a zweihander compare to stowing a katana? Or a ‘broadsword’?

One more thing, from wikipedia:
Arming sword”- traditional medieval sword
Blade length: 69-81 cm

Also from wikipedia:
Katana blade length is 60-73 cm

Volume is volume, as in the amount of space something occupies or how much water it would displace if placed into a tub, for example.

That being said I think someone should probably go through and adjust these values to be more uniform with each other because I’m seeing a bunch of stupid measures here.

1 volume is intended to be the size of your fist. If you think about it that way a lot of these values should probably go up.

The katana’s volume has now been fixed.

Heh, but how accurate of a measurement is true volume really?
It only matters in-game when it’s in your backpack, and in that case which should take up more ‘volume’: a baseball bat or a crossbow?

Woohoo! Still a bit higher than I’d’ve set it at, but definitely more workable.

So, uh, anyone have style stuff to discuss?