Stealth mode!

Several things.

Maybe sneaking could be used to add a “take cover” system in the same sweep of code? Like, say, a hostile NPC fires at you, you “sneak” behind a windowsill to return fire, stuff like that.

Also, if we’re going to have a legit sneaking mechanic, then ambient sound has to mean something. Like, say, if it’s heavily raining and there’s the rumble of thunder, zombies aren’t gonna hear you snapping a twig under your foot unless you’re right next to them. But this works both ways, of course.

And also, we should allow ENEMIES to sneak. Like, say, bandits sneaking around in ambush. Meaning that, if you fail your spotting check, directly based on your Perception stat, even if they’re ON your screen, you don’t see them. Then we could add stuff like a “stalker” zombie, which would add a new layer of danger to the shambling dead, and a new very vital use for the perception stat.

I’ve been seen by a single normal zombie going into a shop. I hid in the back behind some shelves and just did not move. No lights except from what was shining in through the windows and open door I forgot to close. Zombie walks in and I literally held my breath. He fumbles around and doesn’t seem to see me in the dark and stumbled back out like he didn’t see me.

Another situation similar in a mansion with that chicken walker robot and some zombies. But in this case, I ran into a dark area, they saw each other in the lit area and killed each other. I went out the other side of the mansion lol

I believe it was build 3950? there about. I tend to keep my builds and I forget specifically. But its between 3950 and 3969…ish, that I’ve seen this behavior. Really cool by the way =D