Speed min at 25?

Just curious as to why this is, shouldn’t the minimum be 0 which would effectively be total paralysis?

There is a condition ingame that renders you paralized.
We could stun the player by reducing the speed to zero but i see nothing special about this method of stunning so i do not care at all.
Do you see a benefit from implementing it this way ?

edit:

I asume that it has been implemented like this so you can not be stunned by pain.
So is your point that we should be paralyzed due to exessive pain?

[quote=“Valpo, post:2, topic:9965”]There is a condition ingame that renders you paralized.
We could stun the player by reducing the speed to zero but i see nothing special about this method of stunning so i do not care at all.
Do you see a benefit from implementing it this way ?

edit:

I asume that it has been implemented like this so you can not be stunned by pain.
So is your point that we should be paralyzed due to exessive pain?[/quote]

Either that or cold. Not necessarily 0, but I figure the minimum speed should be something like 5 or 10, so that if every part of your body is freezing cold you’re slowed down to a snail’s pace rather than a turtle’s pace. As tends to happen in cases of extreme hypothermia, I mean.

I can barely imagine a person going at a 20th fraction of normal speed. Have you seen such cases? Thats next to not moving at all.
I mean even the 25% apear pretty slow already. You take like 24 seconds for an action that you previously needed 6 for. at 5% this would escalate to an action of 6 seconds taking 2 minutes. At this point swinging a weapon is kinda impossible because you won t get it up to any harmfull impact speed.
That spells doom for any character near even the weakest enemy… hm well better wear warm clothing. I have nothing against it though as long as its an acurate display of real hypothermia effects. I don t know much about that though.

I would also asume that beeing that cold would kill you not much short of the moment you had been slowed down this much.

That’s kind of the point, really. The final stages of hypothermia involve the person slowing down further and further as the cold sets in, until eventually delirium sets in and they collapse to the ground and pass out from the cold, and usually never wake up. As you can probably tell from my post history, I have a huge problem with just how non-threatening the cold is in Cataclysm.

If we want cold to be more deadly, causing damage at very low temperatures would be a much less annoying way to do it than to have the player stuck unable to do anything for minutes at a time.