Some ideas for improving the Bionics UI

I noticed a while back that there is a preponderance of Active Bionics versus Passive ones, and it appears to have become an even worse problem; with previously Passive Bionics getting new Active features, while new Bionics seem to be mostly Active. Seriously, why is it that I can have an Active tab that goes off the screen, while also having a Passive tab that doesn’t even come close?

Anyways, my suggestion is to alter the old paradigm of Passive and Active by adding some new categories and functionalities so as to remove clutter, make it easier to find the power you want based on what it does, and increase user friendliness.

First off, you add a new category called “Power” or somesuch, and move all Bionics that generate power into it. Next, separate the Active Bionics into categories based on what each of them target; ie. something along the lines of “Self” (Hydraulic Muscles and Implanted Night Vision) and “Target” ( Finger-Mounted Laser and Chain Lightning). Or you could go with “Utility” (Aero-Evaporator and Repair Nanobots) and “Combat” (Fusion Blaster Arm and Active Defense System).

Even if that’s too much to ask, an easy addition would be the ability to sort Bionics manually, as opposed to just always having them in the order you installed them.